Author Topic: Exact baptism place  (Read 291 times)

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Exact baptism place
« on: Saturday 05 May 18 15:03 BST (UK) »
Hello,

I've searched FreeREG already.

I have a baptism for Susannah Woollard, on the 10th of December 1739. However, the place is simply given as 'Essex'. Can anyone find the parish?

Thanks,

Adam
Lipman family of Aldgate - ends with Lewis Lipman (d. 1871, Bethnal Green), son of John Lipman 'late of Glasgow' (1856)
McGregor family of Fodderty - ends with Alexander McGregor (b. 1765, Fodderty), son of Murdoch McGregor and Kate Stewart

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline philipsearching

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I was a beautiful baby, - what went wrong?
    • View Profile
Re: Exact baptism place
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 05 May 18 15:34 BST (UK) »
If this is the Susannah Woollard with parents Joseph and Elizabeth, familysearch gives a baptism place of Epping.
There appear to be several siblings on familysearch from 1736 to 1751 - some just listed as Essex, others as Epping.

Hope this helps
Philip
Please help me to help you by citing sources for information.

Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 05 May 18 15:38 BST (UK) »
Yes. Thanks!
Lipman family of Aldgate - ends with Lewis Lipman (d. 1871, Bethnal Green), son of John Lipman 'late of Glasgow' (1856)
McGregor family of Fodderty - ends with Alexander McGregor (b. 1765, Fodderty), son of Murdoch McGregor and Kate Stewart

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 05 May 18 17:02 BST (UK) »
The Susanna Woollard baptised at Epping died 17 August 1739 (familysearch)
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:QLGB-PRPF
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 05 May 18 17:06 BST (UK) »
Yes, I thought it was unlikely as my Susannah Woollard was marrying in the far north of Essex in 1757.