Author Topic: Birth for Winifred Rowlett c1920  (Read 3891 times)

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: Birth for Winifred Rowlett c1920
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 08 May 18 07:02 BST (UK) »
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline JJen

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 08 May 18 09:22 BST (UK) »
Jjen it is here I think  ;D

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=247256.

Thanks for that Rosie, it's certainly a well read topic!!

JJ

Offline harrygeorge1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 08 May 18 14:24 BST (UK) »
Haynes,Cobb,Welcher,Cox, Buck, Hipwell, Crunckhorn, Searle, Gilbert, (cambs),Lakey,Lavender,Merrington,Rolfe,Larkman (welney), Bell (docking),Haigh, Heselgrove,Bastow,Price,(yorks), Hipperson, Sadler.

Offline harrygeorge1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Birth for Winifred Rowlett c1920 Mystery solved completed.
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 17 May 18 15:31 BST (UK) »
It is my husbands grandmother, all her names are on the birth certificate. Mum and Dad are James Rowlett and Margaret nee Isbister. Looking at the certificate it would seem James was in the Army he was a 2nd lieutenant. This could be the reason Margaret went to Lerwick to have the baby, James may have been away and Margaret's family were all from Shetland. I have found military records for 2 James Rowletts so I have ordered James and Margaret's wedding certificate to see who James's dad was.

Abig thank you to JJen.
Haynes,Cobb,Welcher,Cox, Buck, Hipwell, Crunckhorn, Searle, Gilbert, (cambs),Lakey,Lavender,Merrington,Rolfe,Larkman (welney), Bell (docking),Haigh, Heselgrove,Bastow,Price,(yorks), Hipperson, Sadler.

Offline MissRowlett

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 05 March 19 21:11 GMT (UK) »
Hello, James and Margaret Rowlett were my great-grandparents. Robert Rowlett was my grandad, and Winifred's brother (my great Aunt). I never met my grandparents and only know what I've found on my heritage website. I know James Rowlett's father was also James Rowlett, I can trace back to Edward Rowlett 1771. If you haven't found it out already I can give you the details. I know Winifred married John Moore, and I take it they must've had children, If your husband is their grandchild then he is my father's cousin. My father is also called James Rowlett, I don't know if you know him but him and my mother separated before I was born. I has no info on Margaret except her birth and death date, so the information in your post about Shetland will be very helpful, thankyou, I'm very excited and interested to know more so any information you could give will be much appreciated. Thankyou.

Offline harrygeorge1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 06 March 19 16:12 GMT (UK) »
Hello, James and Margaret Rowlett were my great-grandparents. Robert Rowlett was my grandad, and Winifred's brother (my great Aunt). I never met my grandparents and only know what I've found on my heritage website. I know James Rowlett's father was also James Rowlett, I can trace back to Edward Rowlett 1771. If you haven't found it out already I can give you the details. I know Winifred married John Moore, and I take it they must've had children, If your husband is their grandchild then he is my father's cousin. My father is also called James Rowlett, I don't know if you know him but him and my mother separated before I was born. I has no info on Margaret except her birth and death date, so the information in your post about Shetland will be very helpful, thankyou, I'm very excited and interested to know more so any information you could give will be much appreciated. Thankyou.

Hi, thanks for getting in touch, Winifred and John had 4 children 2 boys and 2 girls, one of the boys being my husband's dad. I have lots of info I can help you with gathered from records and also the great grandson of Robert and Winifred' brother William. I will PM you.

Offline magslote

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 07 March 19 07:36 GMT (UK) »
1939 rowlett household living at staint omer elton???
james  french rowlett born 18.2.1893 canteen prop married
margaret rowlett 9.7.1897, married
clara G rowlett, catterwell,bruce, 23.3.1920  single
winifred m rowlett, moore, 19.9.1921 single
jackqueline v rowlett, clarke 16.11.1922 canteen ass single
charles g rowlett 15.4.1925 single
robert M.D. rowlett 18.2.1932  single
death james french rowlett 1893-1979 eastbourne  vol 18, page 0542.
Margaret.

Offline harrygeorge1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 07 March 19 13:24 GMT (UK) »
1939 rowlett household living at staint omer elton???
james  french rowlett born 18.2.1893 canteen prop married
margaret rowlett 9.7.1897, married
clara G rowlett, catterwell,bruce, 23.3.1920  single
winifred m rowlett, moore, 19.9.1921 single
jackqueline v rowlett, clarke 16.11.1922 canteen ass single
charles g rowlett 15.4.1925 single
robert M.D. rowlett 18.2.1932  single
death james french rowlett 1893-1979 eastbourne  vol 18, page 0542.

Margaret.

Thank you,  I already have that information.  I have managed to accumulate lots of information having made contact with another great grandchild.