Author Topic: James Hare  (Read 872 times)

Offline beaglelady

• RootsChat Member
  • The Girls!
    • View Profile
James Hare
« on: Sunday 06 May 18 10:19 BST (UK) »
Hi folks

Wonder if you can help please.  I have a James Hare b 1854/5  unsure where?  Some censuses say Walsall, Staffs and others say Scarborough?  He married Margaret Siddle in 1874  district Auckland, Durham.  James's father is Joseph Hare, a labourer.  I am trying to find a birth for James Hare.  There are no births around that time in Yorkshire. But one in Walsall, Staffs....got this certificate and its incorrect as his father's name was George and the marriage cert states Joseph.  I do have a copy of the marriage cert, witnesses were John and Jane Hare if that helps?

There is a James Hare b.1855 in Pickhill, Yorkshire parents Joseph Hare and Mary Ann but i found a death in 1862 for this James although unsure if this is correct?

I would really appreciate some expert advice on this problem.

Many thanks

Elaine.
Fishburn/Ferryhill/West Cornforth and most areas of Durham and Dumfries/Scotland, also North Yorkshire.

Also, Lancashire/Kent/Huntingdonshire.   Australia and Canada.

Online mckha489

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: James Hare
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 06 May 18 10:55 BST (UK) »
There is an 1854 birth THIRSK registration. MMN PEARSON. sep 9d 321

And there might be a marriage of Jospeh Hare and Mary Ann Pearson Bedale  1849.  At least they are two of the names in the list.  bedale, Dec, 24. 395

The Pickhill family has Sarah Pearson age 2 dau with them in 1851 so I think that must be the Hare/Pearson couple
And in 1861 a James the correct age has an older brother John and a sister indexed as June but I think it’s Jane on the image.

Why do you think that James died?  The 1862 Bedale death is age 0 (GRO index gives age at death)

Online mckha489

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 06 May 18 11:17 BST (UK) »
The only mention of being born in Staffordshire I can see is the James Hare in 1871 who is the son of George, so not the same man (even though he is in the right place).

Otherwise he’s consistent about Yorkshire and Scarborough  BUT in 1911 with new wife Elizabeth he says PICKHILL, Scarborough, Yorkshire, so he must be your man.

Offline beaglelady

• RootsChat Member
  • The Girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 06 May 18 16:40 BST (UK) »
Thank you ever so much for your help and the info.

Ive searched the 1911 census using ancestry but still cant see James Hare? Do you have the reference number for this census please.  Did you use ancestry?

I thought James had died young as other trees on ancestry had this info.  Obviously its incorrect!

Thanks once again you've been a great help.

Elaine.
Fishburn/Ferryhill/West Cornforth and most areas of Durham and Dumfries/Scotland, also North Yorkshire.

Offline JJen

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 06 May 18 17:36 BST (UK) »
Family Search has the 1911 -

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:XWCM-44M

Hopefully some of the information on that link will lead you to James. Another alternative would be to use a variation of his surname.

JJ

Offline beaglelady

• RootsChat Member
  • The Girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 06 May 18 18:12 BST (UK) »
Thanks JJen i have now found him 😀