Author Topic: Scholarships  (Read 242 times)

Offline Hussar

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Scholarships
« on: Sunday 06 May 18 18:44 BST (UK) »
At what age in the 1920's would some one win a scholarship in Surrey? My mother, who was born in 1914, told me she won a scholarship to train as an Opera Singer but her father would not let her go. Any info gratefully received.
Barrett - West Berkshire
Dyer - West Surrey
Palmer - Berkshire & London
Styles - Surrey

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Online GrahamSimons

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Scholarships
« Reply #1 on: Monday 07 May 18 23:05 BST (UK) »
One of my line, a singer, was already studying at the Royal College of Music and was awarded a scholarship by the RCM of 7 in 1912 at the age of 21.
Simons Barrett Jaffray Waugh Langdale Heugh Meade Garnsey Evans Vazie Mountcure Glascodine Parish Peard Smart Dobbie Sinclair....
in Stirlingshire, Roxburghshire; Bucks; Devon; Somerset; Northumberland; Carmarthenshire; Glamorgan

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.