Author Topic: Fate of Everest Anseline after time on 'The Vernon'  (Read 12165 times)

Offline Gold prospector

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Fate of Everest Anseline after time on 'The Vernon'
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 09 May 18 09:01 BST (UK) »
Dear JM,
Please accept my apologies!!
In my excitement and haste, I overlooked the fact that it was you who put me 'straight' on the fact that Everest was technically a 'convict' and was charged with 'having no visible lawful means of support'.
The information on Miss Pearse/Pearce is intriguing - the Elizabeth Ann Pearse who died in 1906, age 47, would have been about 27 yrs in 1887 (when she 'took delivery' of Everest) which may be too young to accept that responsibility. So, perhaps it was the other Elizabeth Pearse who died around 1891..

Many thanks for those insights.
Paul.

Offline Gold prospector

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 09 May 18 09:04 BST (UK) »
Dear q98,
Many thanks for sending the link to the high quality photo of 'The Vernon' and the explanatory notes.
I'm sorry I didn't thank you earlier.
Paul.

Offline Gold prospector

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 09 May 18 09:11 BST (UK) »
Dear Judith,
Hope dinner went well!
I was thinking that the Elizabeth Pearse who died in 1906, aged 47, would have been only 27 yrs when Everest was indentured out, which sounds a bit young - so maybe it was the other Elizabeth, to whom he was indentured, who died around 1891 and who may have been a more mature age in1887.
Paul.

Offline Gold prospector

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 09 May 18 09:28 BST (UK) »
Dear Wivenhoe,
I'm actually quite excited that you placed those last two posts - and, to be truthful, I was considering two additional, separate threads because the two stories: Julia's story (Everest's sister) and Jules Francois' story (Everest's father) are both very interesting.
As I am a neophyte to rootschat.com, I'm not sure of the best strategy; however, would it complicate the present thread too much if we shoot off on another family branch or would it be 'neater' to start a new thread?
Gold prospector.

Online wivenhoe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday 09 May 18 09:41 BST (UK) »
Maybe....leave Julia here with siblings.

A separate thread for origins of Jules ANSELINE because...........his time in NSW is brief? And a link to this thread.

Best wait to see what others think on that idea.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday 09 May 18 09:50 BST (UK) »
 :)  I don't need any apology Gold prospector  :) 

I think Julia can definitely stay within this thread and perhaps even her dad can start here, and IF then there's a need for him to be moved, we can ask our Global Moderator to get involved and hive off some posts.

I do think that we need to post info about Dad on separate posts, without mixing info about any of the others, just in case some hiving off needs to happen once the search for him gets into the depth of details that may mean a separate thread on a different board (Europe ? or Common Room ? etc) has to happen. 

Of course, that's only my view and others may have alternative solutions.

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday 09 May 18 10:15 BST (UK) »
Jules ANSELINE

Jules marriage to Mary MORRIS was registered in the Carcoar District, in 1871.  It is very very likely that the NSW BDM record (#1972) of that registration has many blanks, including blanks on their origins, parents etc.  I do NOT encourage you to purchase the NSW BDM certificate.   If you don't have info about Jules origins from the birth certs of their children, or if you have not obtained ALL the info actually recorded on the church register for Jules and Mary's marriage, you may well benefit from seeking an official transcript of the marriage registration to determine the clergy/denomination for the service.

There's now a very long thread I prepared years ago to help overcome the elusive blanks on NSW BDM registrations in the mid to late 19th century, but I think you need to know what info Jules gave FIRST HAND about himself when he married in NSW before you go back further on his origins.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=546609.0  I note the thread has been read over 21,000 times, so hopefully it has helped many RChatters.

JM  (I put Jules name top left hand corner, for IF we need a global moderator to hive off some posts at some time in the future).
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday 09 May 18 10:37 BST (UK) »
Jules ANSELINE

Grevilles PO Directory 1875 PARKES

J. AUSELINE, miner, Welcome lead

JM

Online wivenhoe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday 09 May 18 12:32 BST (UK) »
Do you have death certificate for Mary McRAE, died 1913 Broken HILL?

Do you have death certificate for Charles McRAE, died 1894 Broken Hill?

What do you know about origins of Jules ANSELINE?