Author Topic: Caroline Winch, born 1829, Camberwell  (Read 2452 times)

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Caroline Winch, born 1829, Camberwell
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 15 May 18 10:12 BST (UK) »
Can you give me the Winch Harefield dates for my file? If there's a marriage for the Harefield parents that'd be greatly appreciated too  ;D
Lipman family of Aldgate - ends with Lewis Lipman (d. 1871, Bethnal Green), son of John Lipman 'late of Glasgow' (1856)
McGregor family of Fodderty - ends with Alexander McGregor (b. 1765, Fodderty), son of Murdoch McGregor and Kate Stewart

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 15 May 18 11:47 BST (UK) »
Just found this:

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://btckstorage.blob.core.windows.net/site8867/Pg%25209-12.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjhkfyQxIfbAhWHHsAKHfaUABcQFjADegQIABAB&usg=AOvVaw0BsIJ4qwfSEIwXrGaqczMy

It's a PDF file. On page 11 it refers to a James Winch hanging himself in Ickenham (I think) in the Uxbridge district. Could this be our James Winch who died in Uxbridge in 1840?
Lipman family of Aldgate - ends with Lewis Lipman (d. 1871, Bethnal Green), son of John Lipman 'late of Glasgow' (1856)
McGregor family of Fodderty - ends with Alexander McGregor (b. 1765, Fodderty), son of Murdoch McGregor and Kate Stewart

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 20 May 18 15:10 BST (UK) »
I have not opened your link but the James Winch of Ickenham was age 40 when he hung himself - wife Sarah
Newspaper article with quite a bit of detail on inquest - Windsor and Eton Express 25 July 1840.  Available to view on F M P or BNA
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 20 May 18 15:26 BST (UK) »
So is the 1840 death likely to be our James Winch who died in that year in the Uxbridge registration district? And is any date of death given in the newspaper? From the link I read it said he killed himself by hanging.