Author Topic: Linthorpe Cemetery - Mary Ann Crick  (Read 3090 times)

Offline mum056

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Linthorpe Cemetery - Mary Ann Crick
« on: Tuesday 08 May 18 01:39 BST (UK) »
Can anyone tell me how I go about finding my great grandmothers grave in Linthorpe Cemetery.
I cannot find it on any of the grave websites, and as it's huge , I don't know where to start. Attached is the grave card from my father. It does have the grave number - are there any maps I can access.
I am visiting Middlesbrough in late December this year from Australia and would love to find her grave.
Morrison - Killyleagh, Down ; Middleton- Killyleagh, Down; Crick - Middlesbrough & London;

Offline arthurk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Researching among others:
Bartle, Bilton, Bingley, Campbell, Craven, Emmott, Harcourt, Hirst, Kellet(t), Kennedy,
Meaburn, Mennile/Meynell, Metcalf(e), Palliser, Robinson, Rutter, Shipley, Stow, Wilkinson

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline tillypeg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Linthorpe Cemetery - Mary Ann Crick
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 08 May 18 16:03 BST (UK) »
If you email:

bereavementservices@middlesbrough.gov.uk

who are based at Acklam Cemetery, Middlesbrough, they may be able to provide a more detailed map.  Give them the full name of the deceased, date of death if you have it (or quarter & year her death was registered) and the grave number and state Linthorpe Cemetery.

I have always found the staff very helpful and usually get a swift response.  Perhaps mention that you are planning to visit from Australia and hoping to find the plot.  Do bear in mind that there may not be a headstone to find, the cemetery has many areas of grass devoid of headstones.  Have you looked at this website?  They have some photos of headstones in Linthorpe Cemetery, you might just be lucky.

https://www.gravestonephotos.com/index.php

Offline tillypeg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 08 May 18 16:11 BST (UK) »
If you are visiting Middlesbrough, it may be useful to call in at the Central Library.  Upstairs in the Reference Library are microfilm readers and a very big collection of old local newspapers, all on microfilm.  You may want to look up the death notices etc.  You would need to contact them and reserve a film reader in advance. 

Reference_Library@middlesbrough.gov.uk

Central Library
 Centre Square, Middlesbrough, TS1 2AY
 Reference Library: 01642 729001

Offline EDDIER

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 12 May 18 14:36 BST (UK) »
As a volunteer with The Friends of Linthorpe Cenetery and Nature Reserve I can advise that Plot D5240 is in the square D5177-D5339 which if you enter the cemetery by Ayresome Green Lane is the 4th square on your right.There is no headstone but our records indicate that it is occupied by a Botcherley. Any relation?
If you p m me with e-mail I can provide the plot map showing the exact location of D5240.
When you visit the cemetery if it is on a Wednesday or Thursday, Friends are present either in the cemetery or in the Jewish Prayer House ( N.E corner as map in earlier post) and would be pleased to take you to the plot and offer tea and biscuits later
Blomfield,Broder,Dargue,English,Hindmarch(sh),Mallam
Narey,Poole,Pull,Purdy,Rutherford

Offline mum056

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 12 May 18 21:36 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the information. Strange that is says Botcherley as there is no connection there.  I'm not sure what day we will be there yet.

I'll consider this post closed.
Morrison - Killyleagh, Down ; Middleton- Killyleagh, Down; Crick - Middlesbrough & London;

Offline Whipby

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Wish I was still this cute!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 31 May 18 23:08 BST (UK) »
Sorry to add to this when you feel the query is closed - but I read the grave number as being in section A rather than D.
All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Reddie, Gott, Woodcock, Randerson, Heslop, Dove, Sowerby, Henderson, Singleton, Butler, Kelly, Parkes, Pinkney, Sellers, Speck, Todd,  Wilkie and others.

Offline pjs12

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 01 June 18 05:15 BST (UK) »

Yes Whipby, I also read the section as being a not d. Perhaps mum056 has been in touch by PM and sorted that out?

Ian

Johnstone,Forgan,Barran,Elliott,Normington,Davies,Marshall,Longbottom,Rusby

Offline mum056

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 01 June 18 05:41 BST (UK) »
I contacted the cemetery direct by email as suggested and they found the grave for me and sent me the location. It is in the A section.