Author Topic: Putting my research skills to good use  (Read 906 times)

Offline panda40

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Putting my research skills to good use
« on: Tuesday 08 May 18 16:40 BST (UK) »
I have been able to apply my family history research skills to help a friend find her adoptive family. With the information we found she was able to approach Bernardo’s and get their adaption support service to contact living relatives on her behalf. This morning via the agency she got good news. The family didn’t know that she existed, something that she had felt all along. They are now in the early stages of establishing contact. With the support of her adoptive family she is starting on this new phase of her life. Sadly her biological mother passed away in 2012 and never married or had any other family.
It’s good to hear something positive
Regards panda
Chapman. Kent/Liverpool 1900+
Linnett.Kent/liverpool 1900+
Button. Kent
Sawyer. Kent
Swain. Kent
Austin/en. Kent
Ellen. Kent
Harman. Kent/ norfolk

Offline 3sillydogs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Durban South Africa
    • View Profile
Re: Putting my research skills to good use
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 09 May 18 12:03 BST (UK) »

That's a heartwarming story, panda. :D  I am pleased that her relatives are willing to make contact with her. 
Paylet, Pallatt, Morris (Russia, UK) Burke, Hillery, Page, Rumsey, Stevens, Tyne/Thynne(UK)  Landman, van Rooyen, Tyne, Stevens, Rumsey, Visagie, Nell (South Africa)

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Putting my research skills to good use
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 10 May 18 22:24 BST (UK) »
This was so kind of you to help your friend with the research skills you have acquired. :)

It is nice to hear heartwarming stories like this.  Sad though that her biological Mother had passed on. I hope things work out well with her newly found relatives. 
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner