Author Topic: Lilian Pugsley's death - help please  (Read 1441 times)

Offline iolaus

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Lilian Pugsley's death - help please
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 09 May 18 22:44 BST (UK) »
I think it's John Matthews and Fanny Godwin (rather than Gorden) who married in 1903 - they live a few doors apart in Mary Street, Cilfynydd in the 1901 census and birth places match with the 1911 Cwm Cottages parents

Can't find any Matthews births though to fit - so maybe they did adopt 'my' Lilian

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 09 May 18 23:10 BST (UK) »
I was puzzled by the marriage being John, but looking at the image of the index it looks like there's been an alteration from John to George.
MORGAN: Glamorgan, Durham, Ohio. DAVIS/DAVIES/DAVID: Glamorgan, Ohio.  GIBSON: Leicestershire, Durham, North Yorkshire.  RAIN/RAINE: Cumberland.  TAYLOR: North Yorks. BOURDAS: North Yorks. JEFFREYS: Worcestershire & Northumberland. FORBES: Berwickshire, CHEESMOND: Durham/Northumberland. WINTER: Durham/Northumberland. SNOWBALL: Durham.

Offline iolaus

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 10 August 18 18:36 BST (UK) »
Just to update everyone

I sent a message to someone on ancestry who had Lilian Matthews born 1905 on their family tree, askign if they knew if there was a possibility that she was 'mine' or if they knew if she had been adopted etc

Got this reply back today

Hi there sorry for the late reply didnt see the message on my feed ive just spoken to my mother and can confirm lillian was adopted and yes she was one of twins her sister was known to my grandfather as mary so i think with 99.9 percent this is the lillian your looking for my mam knew her obviously as aunty lil and was well loved in the family

Well fathomed out Mabel Bagshawe,

Puzzle solved