Author Topic: Elias J. Theriac- U.S. Army Transport Service, Passenger Lists 1910-1939 look up  (Read 963 times)

Offline JulesT

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Anc*stry have 7 records for Elias J. Theriac in the U.S. Transport Service, Passenger Lists, 1910-1939 Draft, Enlistment & Service.

I currently have the details for my Elias J. Theriac U.S. WW2 Army Enlistment Records 1938-1946.  He enlisted on 7 October 1942 in Chittenden, Vermont.

Anyone with a current subscription willing to look up the 7 records to see if its the same Elias J. Theriac? 

Thanks in advance for any help given.

Jules

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline JulesT

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Elias J. Theriac- U.S. Army Transport Service, Passenger Lists 1910-1939 look up
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 09 May 18 17:01 BST (UK) »
 :-[ Thanks Sandra for linking my previous threads.

Jules

Offline Genealiza

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Elias J. Theriac- U.S. Army Transport Service, Passenger Lists 1910-1939 look up
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 27 June 18 20:32 BST (UK) »
Assuming you haven't heard back on the 7 troop transport question:

The service number of Elias J Theriac (6116181) who enlisted in Vermont in 1942 has the same enlistment number as the Elias J Theriac who is on a transport ship from Brooklyn, to Honolulu, via San Francisco.

US Grant, transport ship
1 entry has him going from Fort Slocum, NY to Fort McDowell, CA:  Jan 1924. 
2 identical entries of leaving SF, CA to Honolulu:  Mar 1924
2 identical entries of leaving Honolulu and going to SF, CA; Nov 1926

2 other identical entries that are probably incorrectly indexed--I looked 5 pages either side of the stated entry and didn't see him.
modified: [this is the arrival in San Francisco of the ship from Brooklyn in 1924.  So, Elias is probably somewhere in the paperwork.]

Offline JulesT

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 28 June 18 09:27 BST (UK) »
Genealiza, thank you so much for this info.  This now opens another chapter of his life to investigate as I thought he was only in the army for the duration of WWII.  Your help and time is much appreciated.🙂

Jules

Offline Genealiza

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 28 June 18 11:31 BST (UK) »
The transport ship used was the US Grant.  I looked again at the entry that was incorrectly indexed, and it is the arrival in San Francisco of the ship from Brooklyn in 1924.  So, Elias is probably somewhere in the paperwork.  I've modified the above entry to show this information.

I'm glad I was able to provide some new information for you.