Author Topic: Help with WWI Uniform  (Read 696 times)

Offline mlr0663

• RootsChat Member
  • I'm not as think as you confused I am
    • View Profile
Re: Help with WWI Uniform
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 15 May 18 22:13 BST (UK) »
Thanks Alan - Itís how the picture was described to me .... a wedding picture. Not knowing re uniform etiquette I didnít know, however one of my great aunts did wear fur to her wedding - but then she wore fur to every event no matter what time of year or what family occasion it was. Must have been completely manky by time she died.....  ;D ;D ;D

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline mlr0663

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 21 May 18 16:44 BST (UK) »
Hi MaxD and anyone else who has been reading this

As I have researched Harry further his marriage notice in the Manchester Times stated that he was
Sergeant Harry Trickett A.S.C., H.T., attached to the Intelligence Corps, France.

I know that he spoke several languages as well as having very leftwing views and that he spent a great deal of time in Russia sometime after the Great War. 

All very intriguing and am chasing up what info I can find on the Intelligence Corps - I know that it was in its infancy in WWI. 

Does anyone have any pointers as to the best place to start looking at all?

Thanks
Margaret

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline MaxD

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 21 May 18 17:25 BST (UK) »
I can do no better than to refer you to post 10 on this :
https://www.greatwarforum.org/topic/4397-intelligence-corps/
His medal card backs up the thought that other ranks were given 10th Royal Fusiliers numbers to "hide" them (his second number is just that).

What his specific duties were one can only guess.  It could be well his language skills.

Others may find more, I'll scout around a bit but sneaky beaky's are always by their nature very hard to pin down!

MaxD
Double  Essex/Suffolk
Randle/Millington Warwicks
Sokser/Klingler Austria/Croatia

Offline mlr0663

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 21 May 18 19:23 BST (UK) »
Thought that might be the case - sneaky beaky's are us and all that

Thanks MaxD