Author Topic: Mary Ann Bevan Hirwain  (Read 1636 times)

Offline parf

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Ann Bevan Hirwain
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 10 May 18 21:16 BST (UK) »
Ooh, thats another option, I wish there was a way of finding out her birth date off somewhere other that her birth certificate. She died in 1933 so missed 1939 register. Would a date of birth been on School records ?

Yes thats her and Llewellyns children, (my granded was Thomas John).  Llewellyns parents were David and Sophia, and siblings were Hannah, Thomas, Mary, John and David.

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 11 May 18 10:42 BST (UK) »
Hello
Let's look at the Mary Ann's Ladyhawk found born in Merthyr Tydfil.
She's not the one Bevan and Griffiths because that little girl is the daughter of Joseph Bevan and Mary Griffiths living on the 1861 census with grandparents Edmund and Rachel Griffiths.

It looks like the other born Mar 1858 died in June 1858 so no luck there.
So Merthyr Tydfil register office are right when they say there are no Mary Ann's.

It does look like that Mary d of William and Catherine is a more likely prospect.And yes you're right the school records  would give a date of birth and usually a father.So you could find a Mary Ann ,father William and have a date of birth and know for certain.How many schools could there be in Hirwan?
Or did she have a gravestone?The date of birth is usually on that.

Ciderdrinker

Offline parf

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 11 May 18 12:05 BST (UK) »
Thanks all for trying to solve the mystery !!

If she was only Mary when she was with the family, I wonder why she is so definitely Mary Ann on everything else I have found, Marriage cert, my grandads birth certificate, her headstone in Coychurch (which has no birth dates unfortunately), Midwife record on Ancestry, and all the census after married, all have her as Mary Ann !!

Im guessing im never going to find out much more about her than I already know  :(