Author Topic: Adam Jackson 1893  (Read 2881 times)

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Adam Jackson 1893
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 12 May 18 16:45 BST (UK) »
Hi again, so even if the one in 1911 b c 1893 Preston is not the elusive Adam Jackson who could have emigrated to Canada shortly after his brother, I still cannot locate any marriage or death for this one, or any other likely birth in Lancashire?
Is it a coincedence that the Adam/Adan is in the same relative locality as known family members?
Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline sadge

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 12 May 18 17:11 BST (UK) »
Thank, and yes as he is in the same county, although St Annes is a little way from Poulton but a job was a job no matter where. Given we cannot find him further I m going to assume that he did not go to Canada after all. I can find many Adam Jacksons going after 1911 so maybe he did go and join his brother at a later date. I do know from a record I have seen that Richard came back here, as he gave his last address as his brother Thomas in Southport and it matched to census records so knew that was the very same Richard.

Strange thing is that no one ever spoke of him, maybe something happened in the family as it can do. I guess we shall never know.

I cannot thank you enough in helping me try to work all this out.

Susan

Offline sadge

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 12 May 18 18:43 BST (UK) »
I have just made a discovery. We have a St John Ambulance medal with Adam V Jackson on the back, we assumed for some reason it belonged to my husbands grandfathers uncle who was called Adam also but looking at his records he died in 1893 which explains why Peter Jackson called his new son in 1893 Adam. This medal now cleaned up and more research actually dates to 1924 which means it belonged to Williams brother Adam, not sure if it is from around the Blackpool area but will do more research but proves he was around here somewhere and not in Canada.

I am just trying to work out why Adam V Jackson but do know that William called one of his sons Richard Vincent, so maybe a connection there as Richard Henry went to Canada I know for sure.

Thank you all again

Susan

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 12 May 18 19:25 BST (UK) »
Hi again an Adam V married 1919 Ecclesall B and died Sheffield Dec qtr 1952 Sheffield aged 59
Keyboard86

Edit Adam V Jackson on 1939 shows dob as 24th July 1896 married to an Edna in Sheffield, so other than year of birth being 1896 he was born Sept qtr?!

This Adam, was an Adam Vincent Jackson with wife Edna on various West Yorkshire Electoral Registers.

Offline sadge

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 13 May 18 15:37 BST (UK) »
Yes thank you I have this on my tree  :) must have been just after this they moved to Preston which if the story is correct Peter Jackson fell off a roof, I do have his death certificate, but not traced his burial as of yet which I assume would have been in Preston. When I have more time will delve more into that.

Many many thanks

Susan

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 13 May 18 15:56 BST (UK) »
 :) I really wish you had told us you had an Adam Vincent Jackson in your tree?!
Keyboard86

Offline sadge

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 13 May 18 16:29 BST (UK) »
Keyboard86 I dont have Adam Vincent Jackson in my tree, as far as birth record was concerned it was just Adam Jackson, I am assuming the medal we have belongs to Williams brother Adam, and when I took a look yesterday to try and date it, noticed that there was a V in the middle. Im sorry if I confused you . As they are catholic I guess when Adam (if he did) get confirmed he chose that as a middle name, I really do not know, as these are only assumptions. Think I will send off for his birth certificate and see if there is an initial on there.

Susan

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 13 May 18 17:04 BST (UK) »
 :) Fair enough, I would love to know where the Adam Vincent Jackson who married in 1919 was born, this one worked on the Railway, and I must admit the possible children's names do not appear to tie up with the family of Peter?!
Keyboard86

Offline sadge

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 13 May 18 17:17 BST (UK) »
As the 1939 records are free this weekend on ancestry took a look at this Adam Vincent Jackson and date of birth given was 24.7.96, on the nation school records one of the birth dates given for Adam was 24.7.92. A coincidence maybe or is this him? I need to see what his childrens names are just to see if any are like some we have. Time will tell. But thanks for all your help

Susan