Author Topic: my towns history page ! the Pines, Kapunda South Australia  (Read 1658 times)

Offline JACK GEE

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: my towns history page ! the Pines, Kapunda South Australia
« Reply #9 on: Friday 11 May 18 23:21 BST (UK) »
Mish Dee -
Hello i am married to a Shannon descendant and i am conducting research along two other descendants. If you have any aspects of the Shannon family you wish to discuss feel free to PM me.
I am sure that we can help you with you Kapunda page.

Cheers
Jack Gee
CECIL - DNA, GILBERT-ShirehamptonEng-Vic/Australia,HERWEG-WoltwiescheGERmany-Vic/Aust,CREIGHTON-Donegal-NI,Gosforth/CumbriaEng-Vic/Aust,MCCLURE-Cloghroe/KillynureDonegal NI,Vic/Aust,PATULLO-StMadoesPerthshire-Vic/Aust,NICHOLAS-Nth CheritonEng/Vic Aust,COX-ShirehamptonEng,FORD-MidsomerNortonEng,THOMAS-Pilton/Devon,EDWARDS-Bristol/Eng,BOND-Norfolk,NAU-Germany,SINGLETON-MuncasterEng,LADLAY-GosforthEng,JOHNSTONE-BalmerinoFife, TEMPLE-StranorlarNI,CRAIGIE,HALL,HANNAM,GINGELL,HALE,OSMAN,HARVEY,ALLEN.

Offline Mish Dee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 12 May 18 07:37 BST (UK) »
A tidy-up from me.

Oh this is most wonderful !!  Thank you so very much !!  Looks great !!!

Offline Mish Dee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 12 May 18 07:39 BST (UK) »
Mish Dee -
Hello i am married to a Shannon descendant and i am conducting research along two other descendants. If you have any aspects of the Shannon family you wish to discuss feel free to PM me.
I am sure that we can help you with you Kapunda page.

Cheers
Jack Gee

As in William Moore Shannon?  Wow :D   How absolutely fantastic !! I would love any information you have had handed down about Kapunda?  If you are happy to share, I will definitely credit you for any info or photos! :D   I'm so excited !!!! 

Offline Mish Dee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 12 May 18 07:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Mish, great photo.

Can you provide a link to your site? 1917 might be too late but I did have relatives in that area in the second half of the 18th century.

Thank you :)
Of course, David  - there are quite a few people jumping onboard to see what goodies I post regarding their families (there are still many families here who have been there since the beginning as well) 

Offline Mish Dee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 12 May 18 07:43 BST (UK) »
Well that took some doing, but I finally got there, I think.
It is a wonderful photo and a great pleasure to work on it. Good luck with the fund raising.
Pat

Oh Pat - I am gobsmacked at all the work you have put into this!  I cannot even think how to thank you  - I really did think people would say 'too hard!!'  but you didn't !  WOW WOW WOW  THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU  !!   I am posting this now !! along with a huge thank you and credit to you xxx   Just WOW !!

Offline Trishanne

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 12 May 18 12:52 BST (UK) »
I would like to say a very big thank you to Jool, gisella and Peter for your extremely kind remarks, they have made my day.
Yes Peter, it did take many hours as I selected a few tree trunks at a time, each one individually traced then coloured, then I saved the picture in case my laptop crashed, as it is sometimes does.
All in all, I saved the picture probably about 7 or eight times on the tree trunks alone. Then of course the groups of people a few at a time etc. etc.
I really enjoyed doing it and it was great to see the results emerge, until finally complete.
Thank you all once again, it is much appreciated.
Pat
Bownass - Lancashire & Westmorland
Hoggarth - Lancashire & Westmorland
Jackson- Lancaster
Waller - Dent, Yorkshire dales
Omerod - Lancashire
Redburn - Lancashire
Evans - Hereford

RESTORERS please do not use my restores without my permission THANK YOU

Offline Trishanne

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 12 May 18 13:01 BST (UK) »
Mish Dee I am so pleased you love the results, I must admit I liked it too.
It is such a pleasure to have a wonderful photo like this to work on, so full of history. How on earth did they transport all those boxes, baskets, rugs etc., not forgetting the umbrellas!!
I would be very pleased if you could, when crediting the photo, please mention the restoration service of the Rootschat site.
Thank you once again for posting such a wonderful photo and for your very kind words.
Pat
Bownass - Lancashire & Westmorland
Hoggarth - Lancashire & Westmorland
Jackson- Lancaster
Waller - Dent, Yorkshire dales
Omerod - Lancashire
Redburn - Lancashire
Evans - Hereford

RESTORERS please do not use my restores without my permission THANK YOU