Author Topic: Crichton: Lookup Request in WHYTE, DONALD. A Dictionary of Scottish Emigrants  (Read 2754 times)

Offline tmunger

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hello,
This is my first post in RootsChat so I hope I do it right!
I'm looking for information on Ann Crichton, who I believe was married to William Christilaw.  I'm hoping someone would be able to look up the following information for me.

Name:   Ann Crichton
Arrival Year:   1817
Arrival Place:   Canada
Source Publication Code:   9758
Primary Immigrant:   Crichton, Ann
Annotation:   Date and port of arrival. Name of ship, place of origin, place of destination, date of birth and death, parentage, occupation, and other historical and family data may also be provided.
Source Bibliography:   WHYTE, DONALD. A Dictionary of Scottish Emigrants to Canada before Confederation. Toronto: Ontario Genealogical Society. Volume 1, 1986. 443p.
Page: 67

Thanks so much,
Tamara

Offline Jacquie in Canada

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Canadian, eh!
    • View Profile
Re: Crichton: Lookup Request in WHYTE, DONALD. A Dictionary of Scottish Emigrants
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 06 September 18 04:39 BST (UK) »
The entry in the book indicates this Ann Crichton was the wife of Thomas McKay. She traveled from Perth to Canada in 1817 and settled in Ottawa in 1826.

Jacquie
Canada: Patterson, Brown, Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Johnston(e), Gorsuch, Kitchin/Kitchen
United States: Patterson, Smith, Brown, Vance, Bower(s), Newberry, Best, Love, Gorsuch
England (Northumberland): Brown, Whitfield, Henderson
Scotland (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Fife, East Lothian): Johnston(e), Bell, Galloway, Campbell, Robertson, Williamson, Thomson, Crawford
Germans from Russia: Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Meach, Lorenz

Offline lmfamilyresearch

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Crichton: Lookup Request in WHYTE, DONALD. A Dictionary of Scottish Emigrants
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 24 February 19 18:41 GMT (UK) »
Here are some entries for William Christielaw

V. 2
1727 CHRISTIELAW, William. To Quebec on the Earl
of Buckinghamshire, ex Greenock, 28 Apr 1821, in assoc
with the Paisley Townhead Emig Soc; wife and 4 ch with
him. Loc Lot 5W, Con 1, N. Sherbrooke Twp, Lanark Co,
ONT. First slmt advance to him paid 1 Aug 1821. ICS-2
& 6.

V. 1
1727 CHRISTIELAW, William. Prob. from LKS.  To Lanark Co, ONT. 1821; stld Lot 1, Con 1, North Sherbrooke Twp.
Bennett, Bowling, Braedine/Brodie, Bulmer, Burns, Cochrane, Devlin, Ellis, Garth, Henderson, Holm/Holmes, Kershaw, Masson, McClernon/McLaren/MacLaren, McComb, McKee, Pitt, Rawood, Riddel, Robinson, Whitaker, Wood

Offline randword76

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
New member and 1st post for me on here. Didn't see how to post a new topic so here goes... Looking for James Tweedie arriving with his son Thomas Tweedie in 1821. It should be from ...

WHYTE, DONALD. A Dictionary of Scottish Emigrants to Canada before Confederation. Toronto: Ontario Genealogical Society. Volume 2, 1995. 435p.

I was able to find an online copy of volume 3, but not volume 2. I need any lead I can find from it. Ship name and date in 1821, or the names of James's parents.

Offline Jacquie in Canada

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Canadian, eh!
    • View Profile
Sorry but the entries for James and his wife don't appear to add anything new from what you already know:

10798 TWEEDIE, James, ca 1797-14 Mar 1860. From Torthorwald, DFS. To Fredericton, NB, 1821; stld Caverhill, York Co. Shoemaker and farmer. Wife Margaret Byers, qv, with him and son. SG xxxii/2, 64.

891 BYERS, Margaret. From DFS. To York Co, NB, 1821. m 22 Nov 1819, James Tweedie, qv. SG xxxii/2, 64.

Jacquie
Canada: Patterson, Brown, Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Johnston(e), Gorsuch, Kitchin/Kitchen
United States: Patterson, Smith, Brown, Vance, Bower(s), Newberry, Best, Love, Gorsuch
England (Northumberland): Brown, Whitfield, Henderson
Scotland (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Fife, East Lothian): Johnston(e), Bell, Galloway, Campbell, Robertson, Williamson, Thomson, Crawford
Germans from Russia: Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Meach, Lorenz

Offline randword76

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Thank you for checking! I guess I'll need to look elsewhere in Scotland records.