Author Topic: William Edwards, farmer of Sproxton m to Jane Cussons of Ampleforth  (Read 1444 times)

Offline snowqueen

• RootsChat Member
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: William Edwards, farmer of Sproxton m to Jane Cussons of Ampleforth
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 15 May 18 09:54 BST (UK) »
Hi EmmaLydia,

OK, I see it in the Will.   Do you have a death for Jane Cussons as I can see who I think could be her buried in Kirkdale but from Harome (near Helmsley)

Lyn

Offline emmalydia

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 18 May 18 23:25 BST (UK) »
Hi Lyn

No I don't have a death for Jane but I have seen Harome mentioned somewhere.  Are you researching the Cussons side of the family?  I am hoping to find more Edwards Wills at some stage as my Wm of Deptford was very well off for a man who died at age 42 and had 8 children and I've always thought there was inherited money.  The remaining family moved 'up' from Deptford to Greenwich.

Helen

Offline emmalydia

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 22 May 18 08:16 BST (UK) »
Message for Snowqueen

I am very rusty with Rootschat and couldn't work out how to reply to your personal message.  I wanted to say that I presume you have read George Cussons' Memoir online.  It was most interesting and named many of the people you would be researching.  It's where I found the information that George walked to Deptford to visit his friend Dr Conyers who was Rector there after many years at Helmsley.  Another connection for me.   Do you know how Hannah Flintoft is related to Margery Flintoft? 

Offline snowqueen

• RootsChat Member
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 22 May 18 09:44 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I've been meaning to go to the British Library for years to read George's memoirs but easier if it's online.  I'd be very grateful if you could please send me the link and I'll have a read.  I've already got info on George's brothers and sisters and some of their children etc (if you need anything let me know) but you never know, it might provide some more useful links.

They are all a blinking nightmare - hopping from one place to another - but we'll catch them eventually!!!

I think I can see Margery Flintoft's birth but can't figure out if her dad is from Hawnby or not.  I know that there is a Flintoft link to land in Ampleforth but that's as far as I've got.  Will have another look at my records and see if I can spot anything.

The friend James Flintoft you can see in George's Will - as far as I know he's the nephew of his wife.

Lyn

Offline emmalydia

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 22 May 18 22:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Lyn

Here it is
Memoirs of Mr. George Cussons of London; who departed this life, ...
https://books.google.com.au/books?id=y_1iAAAAcAAJ

if this doesn't work just google "George Cussons" memoir - it's on a few sites but not all of them have it online.  Very detailed information

If you could just let me know if you come across the name Edwards in any of your research I would be most grateful.

Helen