Author Topic: Possible death for Florence Pepper?  (Read 1748 times)

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Possible death for Florence Pepper?
« Reply #9 on: Friday 11 May 18 19:01 BST (UK) »
Yes, that's it. I presume it was Florence living in Ireland with him as I have a photo of her probably in the 20s with her daughter Irene. I've no idea what became of her after Frank's death, but Irene returned some point before 1935, when she married.
Lipman family of Aldgate - ends with Lewis Lipman (d. 1871, Bethnal Green), son of John Lipman 'late of Glasgow' (1856)
McGregor family of Fodderty - ends with Alexander McGregor (b. 1765, Fodderty), son of Murdoch McGregor and Kate Stewart

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 11 May 18 19:07 BST (UK) »
Just a thought.  If Irene reported her fathers death - is it possible Florence was deceased by then? 

Have you checked for a death in Ireland for her?

Perhaps a copy of Frank’s death cert would show whether he was a widower at that time
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 11 May 18 19:22 BST (UK) »
I have a copy and it states he was married.
Lipman family of Aldgate - ends with Lewis Lipman (d. 1871, Bethnal Green), son of John Lipman 'late of Glasgow' (1856)
McGregor family of Fodderty - ends with Alexander McGregor (b. 1765, Fodderty), son of Murdoch McGregor and Kate Stewart

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 11 May 18 19:22 BST (UK) »
And yes, I've searched Irish records following 1922 as well as the 1939 register but no luck.

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 11 May 18 19:23 BST (UK) »
And sorry to anyone who thinks I'm rehashing the same information, I was just keen to see if my 'lead' had any credibility but it was disproven.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 12 May 18 01:05 BST (UK) »
Another thought.  Could she have remarried in Ireland or have you already searched
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 12 May 18 07:17 BST (UK) »
I've searched for marriages in Ireland but nothing  :'(

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 12 May 18 07:33 BST (UK) »
Do you not know anything of Irene from reporting her father’s death in Cork in 1922 until her marriage in Finsbury in 1935?

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 12 May 18 09:24 BST (UK) »
Absolutely nothing sadly. My grandad presumed Irene's mother died before he was born (in 1939 in Cambridge), as he never met her. He only has one photo of Florence, where she is in a wheelchair. The location appears to be rural and most likely from the 20s or 30s.