Author Topic: Will and Probate for Nancy Caroline Knowles  (Read 1655 times)

Offline nattai

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Will and Probate for Nancy Caroline Knowles
« on: Saturday 12 May 18 02:47 BST (UK) »

Hi

Can anyone please help with the following information. I am trying to find out if there is a Will or probate for the following person. Or if there are any online sites I can look for the information. Or how I apply for her death certificate for Camden NY. 

Nancy Caroline Knowles

Born 26 May 1892 England.

Died approx. 1 March 1967 at Laurelview Convalescent Centre.

Lived at 225 Crestmont Terrace Collingswood, Camden NY.

Is buried at Locustwood Memorial Park Cemetery Cherry Hill.

any help would be appreciated

Kind regards
Tim

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline nattai

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Will and Probate for Nancy Caroline Knowles
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 12 May 18 11:53 BST (UK) »

Hi Sandra

Thank you for sending through the webpage for New Jersey Probates - Camden probates and Wills but the site  is very hard to navigate as when you  go into the pages the dates are all over the place I cant seem to understand how to find the date I need within the pages . And what is also strange is it states the  index for New Jersey go up to 1980 however the indexes for Camden only seem to go up to 1946.

Do you have any thoughts on how I find 1967 in the Camden Surrogates  probates index or is that date not available ?

Kind regards
Tim

Offline knort33

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 12 May 18 17:53 BST (UK) »
May 12, 2018

I doubt that there is an index for the probates you are wanting.  Do you live in the US or in a foreign country?

Since the deaths occurred in Collingswood, New Jersey, it is located in Camden County New Jersey, not New York.  You can contact the Camden County Surrogate Court, 600 Market St., Camden, NJ 08102, phone number (856) 225-7282 and ask them for information on how they do their searches.  Cost is $10.00 per name searched.  If you live outside of the US I assume you will have to contact a researcher in Camden to go to the office and pick up the probate copies you need.

In order to get a New Jersey Death Certificate you are asked to provide proof of relationship (a copy of your drivers license or state ID card).  If you are asking for a "genealogical" death certificate (a death that occurred over 40 years ago) and you do not need a certified copy, then you should probably also send a copy of your drivers license but the rules are more relaxed for a non-certified copy.  Cost is $25.00.

A PDF of the New Jersey Death Certificate Order Form REG-28 :

http://www.nj.gov/health/forms/reg-28a.pdf

Offline nattai

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 13 May 18 00:08 BST (UK) »
Hi Knort33

Thank you so very much for the information and attachments for a Genealogical certificate for Camden New Jersey. I Live in Australia so I will contact them. Yes it is family history certificates I am after not the certified ones.

Can I ask if you have the same Genealogical certificate information and attachments for the following areas like the Bronx New York, as I have two relatives buried at the Historical Greenwood Cemetery in Brooklyn, Mollie (Mary) Wood died on the 15 July 1929 buried 17 July 1929, we think she died in the Bronx New York but not sure as we don't have a death notice only that she is buried at that Cemetery and we cant find her listed on the Census in 1920 she was an actress and dancer.

Also her sister Winifred Wood died on approx. 13 December 1960 buried 17 December and is also buried in the same grave with Mollie-Mary  but we do not know where Winifred died only that she is buried at that Cemetery with her family.

And their father George H Wood
Died 9 NOV 1912 • 452 East 176 street, Brooklyn, New York City, New York, USA

Any help would be appreciated

Kind regards
Tim

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 13 May 18 13:20 BST (UK) »

Offline nattai

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 13 May 18 13:56 BST (UK) »

Hi Shellyesq

Thank you so much of your wonderful finds it is very much appreciated. You guys are great.

Kind regards
Tim

Offline knort33

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 13 May 18 16:47 BST (UK) »
I think I could find that information for you, but I would want to know exactly what degree of kinship (how are you related to) are you to the Wood's?  New York restricts who can order the death certificates to only a certain specific category of family members only.

Offline nattai

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Will and Probate for Winifred and Mollie - Mary Wood Nancy Caroline Knowles
« Reply #8 on: Monday 14 May 18 00:42 BST (UK) »

Hi Knort33

That would be great if you could find the information as I did not know NY was so restrictive with Family Geological certificates.

My wife and daughter are the blood relatives of the Wood and Knowles families.

My wife Christine is the first Cousin twice removed to Winifred Wood and Mollie- Mary Wood. And also Nancy Caroline Knowles.

The main person is Winifred Wood and Mollie Wood as Winifred and Mollie's mother Miriam nee Ainsworth and their other sister Miriam Sydney Wood have just vanished. I cant find what happen to them after 1919. Miriam snr was a vaudeville performer and so was her husband George H wood who died in  1912.

I am hoping that the death certificates may hold some keys to finding them e.g. last known address, witness or next of kin to Winifred's death, any marriages or divorces, children, anything to hopefully find out and guide me further in finding them.

And as Mollie-Mary Wood died so young I wonder what she died of?  does the certificates state what caused the death.( she was an actress and dancer in NY)

Winifred was buried in the family grave in Brooklyn in 1960 so maybe a relative or her sister Miriam organised the burial. It maybe that if Winifred had a will or probate they too may hold some guidance to go by. ( Miriam Snr and Miriam Sydney Wood are not buried in the family grave).   

They have very nice family grave and headstone at the Historic Greenwood Cemetery Brooklyn see attached. So someone must have buried her.

Kind regards
Tim