Author Topic: Jethro Beal of Farringdon  (Read 2593 times)

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Jethro Beal of Farringdon
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 16 May 18 22:00 BST (UK) »
That was my thinking was! Goodness knows what the unruly folk of Farringdon did during those 2 barren years without spiritual guidance  ;D

My line therefore is:

Me
My Dad
My Grandad
Alexander G. MacGregor (b. 1895, Hornsey)
Helen Sarah Streater (b. 1864, Farringdon)
George Streater (b. 1821, Farringdon)
Lucy Norgate (b. 1779, Farringdon)
Elizabeth Beal (b. 1756, Farringdon)
Jethro Beal (b. 1724, Farringdon)
Jethro Beal (b. 1678/9, Farringdon)
Jethro Beal Jr. (b. ?)
Jethro Beal, Rector
Lipman family of Aldgate - ends with Lewis Lipman (d. 1871, Bethnal Green), son of John Lipman 'late of Glasgow' (1856)
McGregor family of Fodderty - ends with Alexander McGregor (b. 1765, Fodderty), son of Murdoch McGregor and Kate Stewart

Offline Little Nell

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 16 May 18 22:09 BST (UK) »
Jethro Beal Jr. (b. ?) - baptised 30 Oct 1631 at Farringdon by the looks of it.

Nell
All census information: Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 16 May 18 22:22 BST (UK) »
Thanks! That's the final date. Is there a marriage for Jethro Sr. and Mary?
Lipman family of Aldgate - ends with Lewis Lipman (d. 1871, Bethnal Green), son of John Lipman 'late of Glasgow' (1856)
McGregor family of Fodderty - ends with Alexander McGregor (b. 1765, Fodderty), son of Murdoch McGregor and Kate Stewart

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 17 May 18 18:55 BST (UK) »
And also, is there anything on the Beal ladies?

They are:
Mary Thomas (m. 1657, Farringdon)
Elizabeth Knight (m. 1710, Farringdon)
Anne Harrison (m. 1749, Farringdon)

Offline Little Nell

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 17 May 18 21:20 BST (UK) »
Is there a marriage for Jethro Sr. and Mary?

Not that I can find in Hampshire.

I think it is possible that Jethro junior married twice - first to Mary Thomas and then to Marie Ames/Emes.  The Farringdon burials record the burial of Mary Beale junior on 10 October 1658.  Then intriguingly there is another for Marie Beale on 1 Dec 1658.  Since Jethro the rector mentions his wife Mary in his will, she might be the December burial.

Jethro the rector's children were baptised in Farringdon.  Only for Abigail is his wife named (Mary).

In 1652, there is Jethro junior's son John baptised in Farringdon - and his mother's name is Ann!  Jethro baptised in 1658 has the mother Mary and his baptism date is the same day as the burial of Mary Beale junior - 10 October.

The Farringdon registers are not complete: there are only a few entries for the period 1635-50 with pages cut out.  There is also a gap in the marriages 1632-56.

With ladies you mention, they could be tricky to identify for certain without something extra.  None of them have names that are likely to be unique and there is no clue as to their parish of birth.  With marriage records at that date, it cannot be guaranteed that the individual parishes are recorded if they differ from the parish where the marriage took place.

Nell
All census information: Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 17 May 18 21:27 BST (UK) »
Thanks for all of that! My third Jethro Beal was born in 1678/9 to Jethro and Mary Beal, so he must be the son of the second marriage of Jethro Jr. presumably.