Author Topic: Please Help. "Jean-Maxime Levesque 1923, Kamouraska, Que"  (Read 550 times)

Offline John Harber

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Please Help. "Jean-Maxime Levesque 1923, Kamouraska, Que"
« on: Sunday 13 May 18 23:20 BST (UK) »
I have run in to a serious road block tracking my uncles lineage right from the start. I have his parents and grandparents information but I can hardly find a thing at all about his parents.. Iv'e visited them a number of times growing up which makes it even more strange.

His name was Jean-Maxime Levesque (He always went by Maxime Levesque) born June 1 1923 in Saint-Pacome, Kamouraska, Quebec.
(Saint-Pacome is now called Saint-Gabriel-lalemant and has been for some time)

He had a dozen or more brothers/sisters some may still be alive. Some names: Rejean, Leandre, Roger, Benoit, Jean-Marie, Hughette (Dube), Charles, Raymond, Marie-Paul (Dupere)

Jean-Maxime's Spouse: Rosa (Lavoie) Levesque born may 24th 1914 l'Isle-Aux-Grues, PQ.
(yes she's a bit older. The marriage contract was drafted on April 22nd 1947 and they married on the 24th.)

Jean-Maxime's father went by Oscar Levesque and his mother's name was Rebecca.

P.S My Uncle's name is Yvon Levesque.

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Please Help. "Jean-Maxime Levesque 1923, Kamouraska, Que"
« Reply #1 on: Monday 14 May 18 09:41 BST (UK) »
This looks like the grave stone for his parents
https://canadianheadstones.com
Oscar Levesque 1898-1962
Rebecca Francoer 1898-1965
Jacqueline 1938-1978
Jacques 1932-1989

Marriage 1916
Oscar Levesque
Rebecca Francoer
1916 St Pacome Quebec

Rosie

Offline eileenwilson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 14 May 18 16:14 BST (UK) »
Oscar Levesque and Rebecca Francoeur were married 27 June 1916 in St-Pacome.  He was the minor (ie, not of age) of Israel Levesque and Odile St. Jean.  She was noted as Marie Rebecca and was the minor daughter of Demetrius Francoeur and Arthemise Francoeur.

Their son, L, was not born until 1936, so may well still be alive. All of these baptisms and info are available in Ancestry's Quebec parish records and also likely at familysearch.org.

Offline John Harber

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 14 May 18 23:05 BST (UK) »
Yes the line from Oscar on seems undisturbed but I can't for the life of me find info about his children, I know there are like 12-15 of them. Iv'e met most growing up. one (Jean-Maxime) was my Mother's adoptive father and blood father of my Uncle Yvon Levesque.

this is his Obituary
https://www.genealogiequebec.com/necro/quebec/a-travers-le-quebec/le-soleil-quebec-qc/132504/L%C3%89VESQUE-Jean-Maxime/obituary

Offline eileenwilson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 15 May 18 13:23 BST (UK) »
The baptisms for most of the children should be readily available on Ancestry or FamilySearch.  Then you can have a more complete list of all of the children of the couple.