Author Topic: What became of Betsy SHELTON children of Francis SHELTON & Sarah STARBUCK  (Read 1023 times)

Offline Westy11

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: What became of Betsy SHELTON children of Francis SHELTON & Sarah STARBUCK
« Reply #9 on: Monday 14 May 18 14:07 BST (UK) »
Oh my Jomot.

Thats seriously wonderful.  I was actually going to look for Betsy in Australia only I had to go to work.  Betsy's nephew emigrated to Australia as well.

just wonderful. 

Thanks a million once again.

Westy

Offline Westy11

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 14 May 18 15:34 BST (UK) »
Ok.  I couldn't resist and purchased the marriage and death.  Its the death that opened up a whole new challenge.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Based on Betsy's death certificate her marriage in Australia was her third marriage however this  married was as a SHELTON [her maiden name].  Which seems curious.

Her third husband [and her death informant] did not know to whom Betsy married in either the first or second marriages however there were [apparently] no issue from the first marriage and a son from the second named Edward Francis aged 19 years at his mother's death thus a birth around 1880. 

I haven't as yet been able to verify if the Eliz SHELTEN you located arriving in Queensland is the correct one but I will.  Perhaps its not her as her third husband noted she had married in Birmingham.  As her son was born about 1800 it means Betsy did not arrive in Australia in 1864.

It seems our Betsy used a degree of poetic licence when she married or perhaps maths wasn't her strong suit.

Its a challenge to know which way to go and I wonder if Betsy perhaps didn't marry three times?  Finding her son will perhaps depend on the fathers name which as yet is unknown.

Anyway its a mystery later as its gone midnight and I have to go to bed.  Thanks so much for your assistance.

Westy

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 14 May 18 15:40 BST (UK) »
Sounds like you've got quite a challenge on your hands - it's not like Australia's a very big country or anything!   Do let us know how you get on.
MORGAN: Glamorgan, Durham, Ohio. DAVIS/DAVIES/DAVID: Glamorgan, Ohio.  GIBSON: Leicestershire, Durham, North Yorkshire.  RAIN/RAINE: Cumberland.  TAYLOR: North Yorks. BOURDAS: North Yorks. JEFFREYS: Worcestershire & Northumberland. FORBES: Berwickshire, CHEESMOND: Durham/Northumberland. WINTER: Durham/Northumberland. SNOWBALL: Durham.

Offline Westy11

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 14 May 18 15:59 BST (UK) »
LoL.

Still havent gone to bed as the mystery has me.

Betsys son was Edward Francis and just discovered Betsy's husband was ................ yes Edward Francis.  Now I wonder?  :o

Is this just another coincidence?

Westy