Author Topic: If it was possible to visit one ancestor tomorrow - would it be an easy choice?  (Read 7741 times)

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • a digital one for now real one espere
    • View Profile
Re: If it was possible to visit one ancestor tomorrow - would it be an easy choice?
« Reply #72 on: Saturday 19 May 18 22:35 BST (UK) »
My wonderful Nan ... actually set me on this Genealogy Road.
1956 I had an RTA and she nursed me .. One day she gave me some notes, letters and photographs...

which sparked an interest.

This lay dormant for some many years..

and now... well there you go

xin

Offline hurworth

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
I'd love to spend some time with my Nana again.  I think she had rather a hard life.  But if everyone could visit one ancestor I'd let one of her children visit her (with a list of questions).

Then I'd bags Nana's matrilineal gt-grandmother who was born into an English Catholic family in Middlesex in the 1820s.  Her first husband died of consumption and her second husband deserted her.  I have many questions about her life, her siblings (I've found four) and her parents. 

Offline Flattybasher9

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Manners cost nothing, and are worth the effort.
    • View Profile
"we went back and warned them and Nobody fought OUR Fight"

Interesting comment Xin

Malky

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • a digital one for now real one espere
    • View Profile
Uhm 

Malky

thats the way it is with me... ha ha :)

says it and hopes its comprehensible, in the way it was meant.

::) ::) ;) ;) ;) ;)
xin

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Zeya who has a plastic bag fetish
    • View Profile
Just reading through this interesting thread, it shows human nature and care for those we have researched and proved, they are no longer unnamed ancestors but family with lives often as colourful as lives are now, sadness and happiness, law breaking and achievements.... we can't change what happened yesterday, we can't stop or change anything let alone 100 or 200 yrs ago and anyone who has had children know they do not listen to advice from their elders, we all were once teenagers who didn't listen ( some more than others) we still live our lives based on information we have at that time.

So maybe an ancestor reunion where we can only view, not ask, not advise, but listen and watch ???

I have an image of lots of 'viewers', recording, filming and photographing......... and 'willing' them to talk about their life ;D
Leicestershire:Chamberlain, Dakin, Wilkinson, Moss, Cook, Welland, Dobson, Roper,Palfreman, Squires, Hames, Goddard, Topliss, Twells,Bacon.
Northamps:Sykes, Harris, Rice,Knowles.
Rutland:Clements, Dalby, Osbourne, Durance, Smith,Christian, Royce, Richardson,Oakham, Dewey,Newbold,Cox,Chamberlaine,Brow, Cooper, Bloodworth,Clarke
Durham/Yorks:Woodend, Watson,Parker, Dowser
Suffolk/Norfolk:Groom, Coleman, Kemp, Barnard, Alden,Blomfield,Smith,Howes,Knight,Kett,Fryston
Lincolnshire:Clements, Woodend

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad and Fireman at Kings Cross 13.7.1951
    • View Profile
Yes, my paternal 2 great grandfather. I might get nowhere as I would be asking him who his fathere was to demolish a 21 year old brick wall which originated in 1776!
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)