Author Topic: How to find really old info?  (Read 2108 times)

Offline macwil

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: How to find really old info?
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 16 May 18 10:32 BST (UK) »
One must also be aware of infants dying and the next same sex sibling born being named after them, particularly if the first born was named after a recently deceased relation.
In my tree I have Christopher Santus 1810-1872, the following year a grandson was born and died, a year later another was born to the same parents and named the same, he also died the same year.
A Christopher was born in 1872 before the elder one's death to different parents to the two infants who died in '73/4.
There is also one born in 1839, five years later the same parents baptised another with the same name. At least I think they are the same parents, same abode (but no house no.) and occupation, but they could be cousins who happened to marry people with the same names.

So do check very, very carefully.
Active links are now (after 13/04/2018) indicated by bold red italics. Just click on them.
The only stupid question is the one not asked

WILSON; Lancs, Lanrks.
BERRY; Lancs.
BORASTON; Salop, Worcs,
TYLER; Salop, Herefords.

Offline John Harber

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: How to find really old info?
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 16 May 18 15:10 BST (UK) »
Yes i'm trying to exclude people now. the Family tree I have is rock solid up until George Harber Born 01 dec 1765 in Alcester. Married to Sarah "Davis" Harber June 25 1787 in Alcester. Children: Charles,Martha, George/Joseph (Twins) and John. I am down the line of Joseph.

Information on his Parents William and Martha is wild. I think William lived to be a pretty Old man and married a couple times. That or he and Martha had My forefather outside of Marriage.

I've been at this for a solid day now and I am having a really hard time narrowing down William. There is a William Harber who Married Sarah cook 11 Apr 1774 with this as a note

*by banns (No 127) called 13 20 27 Mar both signed by mark p 47 of first Marriage Register*

Sarah was listed as a "Spinster". George would have been about 9 at the time.