Author Topic: Christine Crowe  (Read 829 times)

Offline Vncrowe

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Christine Crowe
« on: Monday 14 May 18 11:38 BST (UK) »
Hi. I am trying to find out if Christine Crowe née Robertson and John Henry Robertson Jackson Crowe, (born in Elgin 1891) who Christine married early years of 1900s, had any children. (They could have been married in England). There is a Christine Crowe, who looks relevant, died 1982 in Aberdeen, aged 88. The Christine Crowe I have, was supposed to have been born 1890 in Lanarkshire, so an age discrepancy of 4 years. Scotlandspeople say I can't buy official death certificate with credits (?) but "order certificate" is the only option I have to see Christine's death certificate to see who the informant was, in case the informant was a child of hers and JHRJ Crowe's (he died in 1928). I just want to know if there was any offspring because JHRJ Crowe's sister, Victoria Hylda Mary Crowe came to Australia in 1914 and has plenty of descendants here, including me. It would be fab to know if there was anyone related to us in that part of the World.  Victoria's and John's siblings, Caroline and Henrietta, did not have any children.

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: Christine Crowe
« Reply #1 on: Monday 14 May 18 12:00 BST (UK) »
Could this be the marriage registration
Marriage March qtr 1916 
Crowe    John H   
Robertson    Christine   
Wareham reg district    5a   590   
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Vncrowe

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 14 May 18 12:20 BST (UK) »
Yes, could be. It's come up before in my search but it was a bit of a ? mark.I can't find any marriage for them in Scotland, so the Wareham one is probably it. It's a bit puzzling why they would get married there though. I was thinking maybe John was in the defence force and was being deployed but he died of TB in 1928, after suffering from it for 12 years apparently, so not likely he was in the DF. Maybe there was a treatment centre down there somewhere. They were living in Peterculter before he went to the Tor Na Dee Sanatorium, Murtle, where he died.

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 14 May 18 17:54 BST (UK) »
Previous post on this family ..I'm afraid you will need to order the death certificate  for Christine Robertson
To see who registered the death ..

Rosie

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 14 May 18 20:15 BST (UK) »
Who were Christine's parents?

Added:
I cannot see a Christine Robertson born 1890 in Lanarkshire, just Christina's.  Where did you find her birth, and any censuses?

Added:
That death for Christine Crowe in 1982 gives mmn as Frew-White and is also registered under the names White-Frew and Robertson.

Offline Vncrowe

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 14 May 18 22:44 BST (UK) »
I don’t know the names of Christine’s parents because I couldn’t find an actual birth registration for her, only a notice on some Ancestry site. It had Name: Christine Robertson, Spouse: John Henry Robertson Jackson Crowe, Born: 1890 Lanarkshire Scotland, Death: 1892 Aberdeenshire Scotland. Residence: Surrey England. Who came up with that information, I wouldn’t know. On JHRJ Crowe’s death certificate, it states he was married to Christine - not Christina - Robertson and she has signed it Christine with an e not an a. They may have lived in Surrey at one stage, that’s why there’s a marriage registered at Wareham with those names, although I think the groom’s name was John Henry only, (there were quite a few of them around) which was brought to my attention not long ago. As for census records, I had a go with that but no luck. Also, I couldn’t make out who was supposed to have a residence in Surrey, because J&C lived in Scotland, so I thought there may have been a mistake.

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 14 May 18 23:00 BST (UK) »
Are you going to get the 1916 marriage certificate, to check you have the right people, and find out her Father's name?

Offline Vncrowe

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 14 May 18 23:22 BST (UK) »
Yes. Well I’ll give it a go.