Author Topic: 1939 census enquiry about edits?  (Read 211 times)

Offline AndyMartin

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
1939 census enquiry about edits?
« on: Monday 14 May 18 15:47 BST (UK) »
I have an inquiry about some writing on the 1939 register and some overwritten red handwriting possibly changing date of births etc and other codes written on it?
where should i post the inquiry and can i post a photo clip of the census for others to see?
know copyright can be an issue?
Thanks all
Andy

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 1939 census enquiry about edits?
« Reply #1 on: Monday 14 May 18 15:54 BST (UK) »
Hi

Have you read the notes on the National Archives website about the register, it may answer some of your queries  :-\ 
http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/help-with-your-research/research-guides/1939-register/
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline AndyMartin

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1939 census enquiry about edits?
« Reply #2 on: Monday 14 May 18 16:07 BST (UK) »
Hi

Have you read the notes on the National Archives website about the register, it may answer some of your queries  :-\ 
http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/help-with-your-research/research-guides/1939-register/

Thanks for the link, will take a look!