Author Topic: Ancestry Fee  (Read 816 times)

Offline xinia

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • in memory of a special virtual friend xxx
    • View Profile
Re: Ancestry Fee
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 16 May 18 18:19 BST (UK) »
The only way to get your media off Ancestry is to have some kind of SYNC programme.

I have family tree maker 2017 -- and I keep them synced.

that way all my media etc is always in two places.

I am not as happy with FTM 2017 as I was with the previous version. ..

but its ok.

So if you download a GED from Ancestry it is a media less file.

I am paying monthly at the moment.. and want to change.. what I will do..

Is just tell them and if they dont give me discount .. sulk.. :)  no seriously
I will stay on monthly  because even tho it is more in the long run (a lot more I know)  it is convenient for stopping and starting..

xin
Sutherland, Himsley, Finnie, Robertson Edgar Short  Patrick  Creighton, McCallum,Brown, Henderson, Stark Green, Draycott, Clarke, Yorke, Norris, Haywood, Moore, Argyle, Patrick,Tallack, Hellyar, Pope, Raven, Lobb.. Hook -Smeeton - Heafford - Freeman -Craddock - Crane - Smalley -Ashton Spriggs Swingler cotton riddington York gilbert mattock and more :)

One of the most difficult things to give away is kindness, it is usually returned.

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nation

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Bakeryqueen1984

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Fee
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 16 May 18 19:21 BST (UK) »
Hiya will I have to be a new user ( like creating a new email) or do I just wait until the 28 May until my monthly subscription runs out then try and take up the Dna offer for 12 months at 54.99 with my old email address, but is it possible after 12 month the offer might have gone up
If all that makes sense
Thanks

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Online Gan Yam

• RootsChat Senior
  • exploring my past
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 16 May 18 20:45 BST (UK) »
If you have a monthly sub, you'll probably need to cancel as it usually automatically renews at the end of the month.  once its lapsed or cancelled you should be able to take up the offer of the half price sub (if its still available) without creating a 'new you'. When it finishes in 12 months its likely that particular offer will not be available, however if you cancel at the end of 12 months and then you can check again what is on offer or just take up a monthly sub. I find that when you cancel a sub, there is often another offer pops up before you continue your cancellation, and you may find that happens when you cancel your monthly sub. Don't forget if you don't cancel at the end of any type of sub it does automatically renew, ie at the end of each month or at the end of 12 months.

You could just follow the link and then press the get started button and see where it takes you.  it takes me to a page with all my details and a welcome back screen and a buy now button, but it might show you the offer as an upgrade.

hope that makes sense
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Bakeryqueen1984

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 16 May 18 22:27 BST (UK) »
Hiya many thanks for the advice will let my monthly sub run out then if the sub is still on I'll go for it I found the money I would have paying over the yr my hubby cousin daughter was paying the 120 year I would have been paying nearly 40 more nah that would have been bad   :(
Cheers

Offline xinia

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 16 May 18 23:31 BST (UK) »
My way of looking at   the cost...

Outings generally for me  almost nil
pub visits Nil
meals out very rare
Cinema never
smoking never
alcohol never

ONE great holiday each year /  defo
slightly but not overly spoil my 11 grandchildren and 3 greats... slightly spoil I said.. ha ha

so this boring old ..... lady

saves her cash to spend on Ancestry - which.. she uses 7 days out of 7 

so worth it.

it gives me all the highs and lows of the other mentioned things.. so yes  boring to others but not to me ...

xin
Sutherland, Himsley, Finnie, Robertson Edgar Short  Patrick  Creighton, McCallum,Brown, Henderson, Stark Green, Draycott, Clarke, Yorke, Norris, Haywood, Moore, Argyle, Patrick,Tallack, Hellyar, Pope, Raven, Lobb.. Hook -Smeeton - Heafford - Freeman -Craddock - Crane - Smalley -Ashton Spriggs Swingler cotton riddington York gilbert mattock and more :)

One of the most difficult things to give away is kindness, it is usually returned.

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 16 May 18 23:46 BST (UK) »
Exactly Xin, when you start looking at it that way, it isn't an expensive hobby. I just checked and a pack of 20 cigarettes costs around 8.74 and a pint of beer is about 3.50.

Offline xinia

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 17 May 18 09:43 BST (UK) »
Crikey

oh..... crikey    uhm  ---  There is a GP programme on TV  that a lady with a very bad chest was visiting the Doc.  and when asked if she smoked, she casually !!!! said 60 odd a day ----?!?!?!?!!?

She didnt say she was a millionaire    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  175.00 a week on smoking - ridiculous

xin

Online Gan Yam

• RootsChat Senior
  • exploring my past
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 17 May 18 10:00 BST (UK) »
Hiya many thanks for the advice will let my monthly sub run out then if the sub is still on I'll go for it I found the money I would have paying over the yr my hubby cousin daughter was paying the 120 year I would have been paying nearly 40 more nah that would have been bad   :(
Cheers

Don't forget your sub doesn't expire it automatically rolls on to the next month unless you cancel it, they will take another months sub unless you cancel.