Author Topic: Roger Westcott of Thorverton  (Read 537 times)

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Roger Westcott of Thorverton
« on: Wednesday 16 May 18 16:38 BST (UK) »
Hello,

Roger is given as the father of Joseph Westcott, christened in 1714 in Devon. Other than this I know nothing of him.

While speaking of Rogers, I'm also looking for a Roger Hatherly, also in Thorverton. He married Grace Roberts in 1713. I've been unable to find information on either.

I'd appreciate any help!

Adam
Lipman family of Aldgate - ends with Lewis Lipman (d. 1871, Bethnal Green), son of John Lipman 'late of Glasgow' (1856)
McGregor family of Fodderty - ends with Alexander McGregor (b. 1765, Fodderty), son of Murdoch McGregor and Kate Stewart

Offline emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Roger Westcott of Thorverton
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 16 May 18 19:26 BST (UK) »
Marriage

Roger Westcott of Thorverton to Joan Grantland 26 August 1708 at Tiverton St Peter.

Burial

Roger Westcott buried 21 September 1726 Thorverton.

The only possible birth I can find is Roger Westcott baptised 1669 Exeter St Thomas father Nicholas.

Emeltom
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 16 May 18 19:35 BST (UK) »
Thank you!
Lipman family of Aldgate - ends with Lewis Lipman (d. 1871, Bethnal Green), son of John Lipman 'late of Glasgow' (1856)
McGregor family of Fodderty - ends with Alexander McGregor (b. 1765, Fodderty), son of Murdoch McGregor and Kate Stewart

Offline DRH123

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 16 May 18 20:45 BST (UK) »
Marriage

Roger Westcott of Thorverton to Joan Grantland 26 August 1708 at Tiverton St Peter.

Burial

Roger Westcott buried 21 September 1726 Thorverton.

The only possible birth I can find is Roger Westcott baptised 1669 Exeter St Thomas father Nicholas.

Emeltom

Only the BTs survive for Thorverton at that time and they are full of gaps, but they do show a Roger Westcott baptising children Richard in 1667 and Thomasin in 1670. So it's quite possible he had a son called Roger in one of the missing years.

David

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 16 May 18 20:54 BST (UK) »
Yes, that certainly makes sense. Thanks.