Author Topic: Thomas Minton  (Read 457 times)

Offline g eli

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Thomas Minton
« on: Thursday 17 May 18 20:23 BST (UK) »
I started researching Thomas Minton because he might be my ancestor James's father.He and his wife Lucy had 7 or 8 children. The dates are those of their baptisms.Charles1763, Susannah 1766, Nancy 1769,Catherine Louisa 1770 Thomas 1772, John 1774 died 1775,James 1775, plus Frances. Thomas died in 1793 leaving a will which gave me some additional facts,he lived in Knightsbridge,all his property including the house he leased was to be sold (excepting certain articles of furniture and household items which he left to Catherine Louisa) to his eldest son Charles he left 1 Shilling,to his five children Ann,(Nancy?) wife of Thomas Simpson(married1788),Catherine Louisa, Thomas, James, and Frances he left the remainder of his estate in equal shares. Before the estate was to be divided it was to be used to bring up Frances until she was of age to be in service.
From this information his wife Lucy and his daughter Susannah were probably deceased, but I can't find deaths for either of them.
I have found further evidence of Thomas, marrying Mary Rowell, James having a family in Derbyshire, and Frances marrying Robert Crooks but I can't connect them to thomas senior, and Catherine Louisa and Ann Simpson leave no trace.
Any help suggestions ideas welcome.
Liz
Butler Derbyshire & Nottinghamshire
Targoose Lincolnshire : Targus the rest of England
Sollery:Staffordshire & Nottinghamshire
Saunders,  Phillips: Wiltshire
Oldknow: Derbyshire & Nottinghamshire
Hirons or Hiorns: Friswell: Whitmore: Warwickshire
Tanser: Leicestershire & Warwickshire
Kidger: Buxton: Cramp:Leicestershire
Goodall:Griffin: Ford:Minton:Derbyshire
Cormack:Dunn: Scotland