Author Topic: Update on my suspected bigamist who proved not to be  (Read 291 times)

Offline philheeks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My Grandfather, Frank William Gomm
    • View Profile
Update on my suspected bigamist who proved not to be
« on: Saturday 19 May 18 11:22 BST (UK) »
Hi Gang

I did promise you an update when I got home & was able to consult my more detailed records so here it is.
Ernest George Heeks who married Jane Fleet was my suspect as several of you may remember.

Ernest George s/o James/Edith Heeks BAP 24APR1881 at Little Comberton WOR & I assume that the witness William Henry Heeks would have been his brother who was BAP 29JUN1879 also at Little Cobberton.  My records also show that ernestGeorge had 1 brother & 7 sisters Also that his father James Heeks = Edith Beard on 25NOV1875 at Little Comberton & James father was Martin Heeks who was a brother to my gt gt grandfather William Heeks

Please don't think that I didn't appreciate all the help that you gave me when I was away from home & didn't have my full set of records to work from as without your help Id have made myself a great deal of work which could all have led me to make an error that may have got larger so I was glad that with your help it didn't happen.

All the very best

Phil

ps as for the members who helped me you know who you are & thank you once again :)
Worcestershire - Heeks, Maiden, Pinchin, Hartland, Tredwell, Holliday, Morton, Collins, Aldington, Saunders
Oxfordshire - Gomm, Hamblet, Austin, Winter,
Herefordshire - Lowe
Radnor - Lowe, Powell
Gloucestershire - Holliday, Pinchin

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.