Author Topic: Update on my suspected bigamist who proved not to be  (Read 682 times)

Offline philheeks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My Grandfather, Frank William Gomm
    • View Profile
Update on my suspected bigamist who proved not to be
« on: Saturday 19 May 18 11:22 BST (UK) »
Hi Gang

I did promise you an update when I got home & was able to consult my more detailed records so here it is.
Ernest George Heeks who married Jane Fleet was my suspect as several of you may remember.

Ernest George s/o James/Edith Heeks BAP 24APR1881 at Little Comberton WOR & I assume that the witness William Henry Heeks would have been his brother who was BAP 29JUN1879 also at Little Cobberton.  My records also show that ernestGeorge had 1 brother & 7 sisters Also that his father James Heeks = Edith Beard on 25NOV1875 at Little Comberton & James father was Martin Heeks who was a brother to my gt gt grandfather William Heeks

Please don't think that I didn't appreciate all the help that you gave me when I was away from home & didn't have my full set of records to work from as without your help Id have made myself a great deal of work which could all have led me to make an error that may have got larger so I was glad that with your help it didn't happen.

All the very best

Phil

ps as for the members who helped me you know who you are & thank you once again :)
Worcestershire - Heeks, Maiden, Pinchin, Hartland, Tredwell, Holliday, Morton, Collins, Aldington, Saunders
Oxfordshire - Gomm, Hamblet, Austin, Winter,
Herefordshire - Lowe
Radnor - Lowe, Powell
Gloucestershire - Holliday, Pinchin