Author Topic: Looking for marriage of Frederick Taylor and Alberta Wilhemina ?  (Read 1094 times)

Offline Speedwell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Looking for marriage of Frederick Taylor and Alberta Wilhemina ?
« on: Sunday 20 May 18 02:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Folks,
I'm stumped. I've tried every way my limited experience suggested but I cannot find the marriage of my husband's 2G grandparents Frederick Taylor and Alberta Wilhemina. Their daughter's 1876 birth (Alberta Wilhelmina - she was known as Minnie) is easy to find online as is the births of two older siblings Frederick Nicholas Lawrence Taylor (1870) and Mary (1871). Frederick Taylor was recorded as a farmer in those two and as Market Master for Minnie. Nor can I find when my husband's Grandparents (Frederick James Allen and Minnie) returned to the UK. Perhaps her parents came with her - again, I can't find them.

Can anyone help me find more about these people?

First record mentioned -
"South Africa, Church of the Province of South Africa, Parish Registers, 1801-2004," database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:KYJZ-6TH : 6 August 2017), Alberta Wilhelmina Taylor in entry for Alberta Wilhelmina Taylor, 10 Dec 1876; citing Baptism, Cape of Good Hope, South Africa, p. 17, William Cullen Library, Wits University, Johannesburg.

Offline solidrock

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile

Offline Speedwell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for marriage of Frederick Taylor and Alberta Wilhemina ?
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 20 May 18 06:59 BST (UK) »
Thanks for confirming the siblings for me. :)

Online TreeSpirit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 24 May 18 19:32 BST (UK) »
I'm a bit confused re "Nor can I find when my husband's Grandparents (Frederick James Allen and Minnie) returned to the UK" as I thought that you'd mentioned that Minnie was Albertha Wilhelmina jr.
There is an unmarried Albertha Wilhelmina Taylor daughter of "Frederick Taylor and Albertha Wilhelmina geb Lauwrence" who dies in Riversdal in 1946. So, is this really the same person that married your Frederick James Allen?

Sylvia

Offline Speedwell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 27 May 18 09:19 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Thanks for your interest and your question.
She died in Barnsley Yorkshire in 1920 (recorded as Minnie B Allen). She was my mother-in-law's grandmother. In the 1911 Census theyare both in Wakefield Yorkshire.

Online TreeSpirit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 06 June 18 19:21 BST (UK) »
@Speedwell

I had put this aside as I was rather confused, but I had to give it another chance as I am trying to understand what the Taylor's have to do with your family:

This is your Frederick James Allen, with spouse and probable children:

Frederick James Allen b abt 1872 Yorkshire
X Minnie Bertha Jansen b abt 1875 South Africa, d 1920 (reg Q#2 1920 Barnsley)
-
Assumed Children (there could have been more):
Charles William Allen b 5 Jan 1898, baptised 18 Feb 1898 Cape of Good Hope, South Africa
Bertha Evelyn Allen b abt 1908 (reg Q#1 1908 Wakefield), abt 1910 (reg Q#1 1910 Wakefield)
Rosa Lilian Allen b abt 1910 (reg Q#4 1910 Wakefield)
Frederick William Allen b abt 1917 (reg Q#1 1917 Barnsley), d abt 1918 (reg Q#2 1918 Barnsley)

Could you please explain to me the connection between Minnie Bertha Jansen and Alberta Wilhelmina Taylor?

Offline Speedwell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 08 June 18 07:36 BST (UK) »
Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to come back to this.
As it happens, there is no connection  - that was a mistake on my part probably because of my inexperience.
I asked again in the Yorkshire Forum and was helped out by people there as well.
See - http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=793811.0

lancsann found the following info for me
"Frederick James Allen, son of Joseph William Allen born Mexboroug yorks, serving in the Yorkshire regiment in Rhodesia married Minnie Bertha Jansen on 3rd February 1896 (which fits with 14 years completed years marriage in 1911) at Holy Trinity Church, Cape Town. Occupation mounted infantry"

Again, thank you for persevering