Author Topic: Basil Kendall WARD  (Read 232 times)

Offline rogtut#

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Basil Kendall WARD
« on: Sunday 20 May 18 20:53 BST (UK) »
Trying to find Estate File etc for:-

Basil Kendall Ward Death 12 Jan 1934 Volume 6/9/4384 Reference 40415 Master's Office / Orphan Chamber, Cape Town (MOOC) Cape Town Archives Repository.  I have the Form of Information of a Death.

Help appreciated. R
TUTTON Stockport & Shrewsbury UK;
CHAVASSE West Midlands UK & Worldwide;
EVANS Derbyshire UK;
HUGHES Ireland & Scotland;
ROSS Scotland

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline TreeSpirit

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Basil Kendall WARD
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 20 May 18 21:48 BST (UK) »
Do you mean that you have the death notice? i.e. https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-C91W-RSCT-G?i=942&cc=2517051

I suspect that this guy didn't really need any estate doco! Have a look at questions 11/12/13 ...

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline rogtut#

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 21 May 18 10:40 BST (UK) »
Sylvia I have a different form - Form of Information of a Death which is available as a link on Ancestry.
It does not give details of assets.  It appears that there are often 2 death docs in SA and the one you sent me via the link for is much more useful and is (where appropriate) part of the Estate File.  I live and learn.  Thanks
TUTTON Stockport & Shrewsbury UK;
CHAVASSE West Midlands UK & Worldwide;
EVANS Derbyshire UK;
HUGHES Ireland & Scotland;
ROSS Scotland

Offline TreeSpirit

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 21 May 18 12:18 BST (UK) »
 :) :) :)
I totally get it ... Online SA research can be rather tedious, but you can hit unexpected gold when you do manage to get hold of a death notice and any additional doco. Of course you've got to find it first ...

rgds, Sylvia