Author Topic: deleting in outlook win7  (Read 736 times)

Offline BevL

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
deleting in outlook win7
« on: Monday 21 May 18 02:07 BST (UK) »
I recently got my computer back where I had taken it to get fixed,   All I I wanted was for them to uninstall and reinstall windows 7.  II first found that the edit button was missing and got that fixed up' then when I came to outlook (which I use all the3 time) it won't delete messages which were left there before it was fixed.
I have tried the tools , then empty deletes in folder, but it just ignores it.    II used goggle to try to fix it, but then a line appears through the item I want to delete and that is it.   
Can  anybody help me please - also under data in my account settings there is
1 archives, 2 my email address and 3 personal folders - are they all necessary?
I cant see very well nowadays and it gets very frustrating.
Bev
MOORE (Kent) & FRENCH (Sussex) & Western Australia, LOVE (Kent), ROPER 1810 (N Ireland). ADAM 1808 (Paisley), Scotland, Victoria & West Aust, TROTTER 1700's onwards  Northern Ireland, Scotland & Aust, FLAHERTY 1791/2 (Ireland) CHAPMAN (Kent) &  Western Australia, CARROLL & POWER. Ireland & Western  Australia, FISHER  Lancashire & Western Australia, FIDLER Denton, Lancashire, Victoria, MARSH Essex & Western Australia, COOPER - Southwark, London, Victoria
All to the lucky country.

Offline jaybelnz

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My Runaway Bride! Thanks to Paula Too!
    • View Profile
Re: deleting in outlook win7
« Reply #1 on: Monday 21 May 18 08:19 BST (UK) »
I can't delete my emails from Outlook either!  When I delete them, they go to deleted items, but I can't delete them from there either, so that's where they stay. 

It's also a nuisance because they keep syncing back to my iPad! I've done all the usual things like blocks etc, no luck there either.  Some of them are really old, and a lot are spam. Some mornings I get up to a few hundred emails! GRRR,

I hope you get some good suggestions, and get yours sorted - I'll be watching with interest!   :)
"We analyse the evidence to draw a conclusion. The better the sources and information, the stronger the evidence, which leads to a reliable conclusion!" Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk.

MATHEWS, Ireland, England, USA & Canada, NZ
FLEMING,   Ireland
DUNNELL,  England
PAULSON,  England
DOUGLAS, Scotland, Ireland, NZ
WALKER,   Scotland
WATSON,  England, Ayrshire, Scotland, NZ
McAUGHTRIE, Ayrshire, Scotland, NZ
MASON,     Scotland, England, NZ
& Connections

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline andrewalston

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My granddad
    • View Profile
Re: deleting in outlook win7
« Reply #3 on: Monday 21 May 18 14:14 BST (UK) »
When you right-click the Deleted Items folder, a drop-down menu ought to appear, one of the items on it being Empty Folder.

Is this happening? If it is, does it clear everything out of it? If you empty the folder using the iPad, does stuff disappear properly?

If stuff is syncing back to your iPad, it sounds like you are using IMAP, or possibly Hotmail, for which MS provide their own connection scheme, also used with MS Exchange servers.
Looking at ALSTON in south Ribble area, ALSTEAD and DONBAVAND/DUNBABIN etc. everywhere, HOWCROFT and MARSH in Bolton and Westhoughton, PICKERING in the Whitehaven area.

Census information is Crown Copyright. See www.nationalarchives.gov.uk for details.