Author Topic: HEANEY/JOHNSTON/PEACOCK OF ANTRIM  (Read 1521 times)

Offline paul_mc

• RootsChat Senior
  • Scottish Guy researching his roots....
    • View Profile
HEANEY/JOHNSTON/PEACOCK OF ANTRIM
« on: Monday 21 May 18 17:33 BST (UK) »
Hi all

My quest continues - I've already posted for help previously regarding my early family history and through help from members of Roots chat have been able to gather a substantial amount of information. I'm sorry but I don't know how to post links to those topics to avaoid duplication and any unnecessary time.

I'm looking for information specifically on the Peacocks (not a name I would have assocated with Ireland, but what do I know) the Heaneys (who couldnt spell so often its Heney, Henney, Heanie) and the Johnstons.

I'll list what I have in the hope that someone can flesh this out for me and enable me to go further back as right now I have hit a brick.

I have membership on Findmypast and have tried unsuccessfully to find this family on early irish records (brobably my ability to seqrch properly rather than the actual existance of the records)

Any help you could give would be appreciated

Hugh Heaney born @1861 is my ancestor he married Martha Peacock Rasharkin RC Church Ballymoney, Co. Antrim. Heaney written as Heney October 1849 . I have tried so many times to trace a birth or death for Hugh but nothing conclusive. I've almost given up on ever finding the man .

Hi parent were William and Alice Heaney and he had sisters Margaret, Rose, Ally, Jane and brothers William, Henry. - I know nothing about any of them .

I know that Hugh's father William's father was called Henry - but nothing else and I know that his wife Ally's parents were Johnstons - No first names or details I'm afraid.

Martha Peacock - her parents were Alexander and Margaret Peacock - I don'rt know anything else about them .

Any help anyone could give, no matter how small would be really appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Paul

McCARROLL, MCCARDLE, COX, STRACHAN, CALDWELL, RAMAGE, WOOD, JOHNSTON

Offline whiteout7

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: HEANEY/JOHNSTON/PEACOCK OF ANTRIM
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 22 May 18 10:36 BST (UK) »
There is a Alexander Peacock renting a house in Ballyrobin in Killead, Antrim off a Thomas Bryson in the Griffith's Valuation. There is also a Henry and an Ellen Peacock in Killead also (relatives?)

Google says Alexander Peacock married a Margaret Lothrick (she was born in 1806)
I have no idea what Lothrick could be? Lothric? This can't be a common surname in Antrim either!
Wemyss/Crombie/Laing/Blyth (West Wemyss)
Givens/Normand (Dysart)
Clark/Lister (Dysart)
Wilkinson/Simson (Kettle or Kettlehill)

Offline paul_mc

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 26 November 18 19:46 GMT (UK) »
I'm still no further forward with this one - Any Irish Experts able to help ?

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 26 November 18 19:54 GMT (UK) »
Religion?
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 26 November 18 20:03 GMT (UK) »
C REG Birth, Marriage and Death results for Peacock
Area - Ballymoney DISTRICT  http://www.rootschat.com/links/01n34/

Offline paul_mc

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 26 November 18 20:13 GMT (UK) »
Thank you very much for this - I'm having a good look at it now. P

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 26 November 18 20:15 GMT (UK) »
https://www.swilson.info/regdistmap.php

Select Antrim as county and you get the other DISTRICT OFFICES if they were in another District too...

Then those Districts are listed on left  on the link http://www.rootschat.com/links/01n34/   already posted!

Offline Baird

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Private 10576 Thomas Baird 1890 - 1916
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 27 November 18 15:10 GMT (UK) »
Hello Paul, I have Peacocks from a marriage in Craigs ( only 4 miles from Rasharkin) who moved to Renfrew in Scotland . Their son William Peacock married an Agnes Peacock in Renfrew in 1884.
Have you tried Scottish records for your Peacocks?
Baird
Rutherglen;Baird/Adair/Ferguson/Reid
Strathaven;Shearer , Orr
Beith;Steel 
Glasgow;Donnelly,McSorley,Burns
County Tyrone;McSorley
Eaglesham;Paton
 All;McAlonan and variants 
Sligo;Burns 
2nd. bat Seaforth Highlanders 1914-16.
2nd. bat. KOSB 1914-18.
1/8th. Bat. Cameronians 1914-15
5th. Bat. Cameronians 1914-17
1st. Bat. Scots Guards 1914-15
HMS Biarritz 1915-16
K Class Submarines  K10 and K11

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 28 November 18 08:59 GMT (UK) »
My quest continues - I've already posted for help previously regarding my early family history and through help from members of Roots chat have been able to gather a substantial amount of information. I'm sorry but I don't know how to post links to those topics to avaoid duplication and any unnecessary time.

Well, I thought it would be easy to put in links to previous topics but...
Hugh Heaney born @1861 is my ancestor he married Martha Peacock Rasharkin RC Church Ballymoney, Co. Antrim. Heaney written as Heney October 1849 . I have tried so many times to trace a birth or death for Hugh but nothing conclusive. I've almost given up on ever finding the man .
Hi parent were William and Alice Heaney and he had sisters Margaret, Rose, Ally, Jane and brothers William, Henry. - I know nothing about any of them .
I know that Hugh's father William's father was called Henry - but nothing else and I know that his wife Ally's parents were Johnstons - No first names or details I'm afraid.

previous post-
I've traced my ancestors back to Hugh Heaney (1854 - 1936)and Mary Ann Heaney (born Mulholland 1861 - 1896) and am noe trying to detail their children.....

Thread about Mary Ann Mulholland- www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=763133

Martha Peacock had been previously married to Hugh Heaney and then on Nov 23 1859 she married Samuel McCallum in Ballymoney Northern Ireland.
4 pages on above thread - reply #5 gives marriage of Hugh Heaney & Martha Peacock in 1849- so why do you now say "Hugh Heaney born @1861 is my ancestor he married Martha Peacock"?

Haven't bothered reading further in that thread or looking for any other links in detail.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!