Author Topic: Missing death index and certificate [Brickwall]  (Read 74470 times)

Offline Silverhawk

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Missing death index and certificate [Brickwall]
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday 23 May 18 22:38 BST (UK) »
Antonio's death in 1911 is Giovanni's son, his brother also named Antonio died in 1936, age 81 (so born around 1855). You can find this on FreeBMD, I haven't added him to my tree yet.
Yes, I looked on FreeBMD and realised it couldn't be the brother. Have you seen/got the news articles about son Antonio and his daughter?
Ancestral names: Lewis, Watson, Hetherington, Barclay, Clark, Regan, Hunter, Murray, Robson, Todd, Carney, Comerford, Urwin, Rayson, White, Purves, Biggins, Wilson, Gibson, Graham, Curry, Kennedy, Greenlaw, Waldie, Armstrong, Hodgson, Harle, Wild, Monkhouse, Donald, Allen, Bowie, Cowe, Ogilvie, Barnes, Pattinson, Williamson, Hogg, Denholm, Kirkwood and Hewitt

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline battista

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday 23 May 18 22:43 BST (UK) »
Antonio's death in 1911 is Giovanni's son, his brother also named Antonio died in 1936, age 81 (so born around 1855). You can find this on FreeBMD, I haven't added him to my tree yet.
Yes, I looked on FreeBMD and realised it couldn't be the brother. Have you seen/got the news articles about son Antonio and his daughter?

Do you mean the article about the drowning of Antonio (Giovanni's son) and his daughter who also drowned earlier that year? Then yes, I've also got an article detailing the inquest of Antonio's drowning.
Battista
Lawson

Offline battista

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday 23 May 18 22:54 BST (UK) »
Added: I forgot to add name of cemetery.  It is Preston Cemetery, North Shields.  Thanks Jen for letting me know if omission - what would I do on here without you to keep me right.  :) ;)

Is this the cemetery for Elizabeth E Battista, Giovanni's wife?
Battista
Lawson

Offline Silverhawk

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Wednesday 23 May 18 23:09 BST (UK) »
Do you mean the article about the drowning of Antonio (Giovanni's son) and his daughter who also drowned earlier that year? Then yes, I've also got an article detailing the inquest of Antonio's drowning.
Yes, the two inquests. Okay, good. I would have transcribed them, but if you have them then there's no need :)
Ancestral names: Lewis, Watson, Hetherington, Barclay, Clark, Regan, Hunter, Murray, Robson, Todd, Carney, Comerford, Urwin, Rayson, White, Purves, Biggins, Wilson, Gibson, Graham, Curry, Kennedy, Greenlaw, Waldie, Armstrong, Hodgson, Harle, Wild, Monkhouse, Donald, Allen, Bowie, Cowe, Ogilvie, Barnes, Pattinson, Williamson, Hogg, Denholm, Kirkwood and Hewitt

Offline battista

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Wednesday 23 May 18 23:19 BST (UK) »
Yes, the two inquests. Okay, good. I would have transcribed them, but if you have them then there's no need :)

Two inquests? I have one from the Sunderland Daily Echo, Jan 5th 1912 named "A Watchman's Death. Mystery of the river.". Starting with "Coroner Burnicle last night held an inquest in the Millum Terrace Mission on the body of Ton Battista (23)...." Very pixelated, but can kind of read it. Only one inquest though.

The other article I was talking about was "In Memoriam", but not an inquest.
Battista
Lawson

Offline Silverhawk

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Wednesday 23 May 18 23:28 BST (UK) »
The inquest for Antonio's daughter, Elizabeth Ellen. It's about four paragraphs.

Offline battista

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Wednesday 23 May 18 23:36 BST (UK) »
The inquest for Antonio's daughter, Elizabeth Ellen.

Ah, no, I don't have that inquest.
Battista
Lawson

Offline Silverhawk

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Wednesday 23 May 18 23:38 BST (UK) »
Okay, would you like a transcript? Or I can give you the info to find it yourself if you want to and have a FindMyPast subscription.

Offline battista

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Wednesday 23 May 18 23:42 BST (UK) »
Okay, would you like a transcript? Or I can give you the info to find it yourself if you want to and have a FindMyPast subscription.

I'll save you the time, info to find it myself will be fine. I'll sign up for the free trial :)

Much appreciated.
Battista
Lawson