Author Topic: Evan Evans...looking for a few of them.  (Read 4279 times)

Offline HDeFer

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Evan Evans...looking for a few of them.
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 26 May 18 11:51 BST (UK) »
Thank you Alan!  That does help me with birth and death dates to go into the Records Office with.  I appreciate your time and energy in this search!

Kindest regards,
Heather

Offline HDeFer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 29 July 18 15:30 BST (UK) »
Tall Al - In the memorial inscription book for St. Nidan's in Brynsiencyn, do you see where Joseph's actual grave is?  I see that you have C041 as the grave location, but I can't find a grave map anywhere.  He may be the only Evans of this family with an actual headstone...all of the others that I can find are buried at Trefdraeth, and do not have a marked grave, or a grave location (no memorial inscription for any of Joseph's siblings or parents in the Trefdraeth book).  Have a friend that lives nearby, said he would head over to the cemetery if I can give him a rough location.  Thank you!

Heather

Offline Tall Al

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 29 July 18 16:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Heather,

From the side gate on the A4080 Llanedwen to Brynsciencyn road, the section immediately to your left is section A, section B is the other side of the church with sections C,D and E behind the church.

From the pathway to the back of the church immediately at the rear of the church on the right hand side of the path, you will see a double grave C023/024 - Lewis, next to this is C025 - No inscription, and C026 - Williams. It looks like (I assume it to be) a small grass path next to it - which leads to C038/C039/C040 - All Hughes families. Between this path and another grass path is C09 - Price and immediately behind this is C041 with Joseph and Owen. From the church to the right of the second grass path is C042 - Williams and C043 - Griffith.

Hope this helps

Alan
From the church to the right of the

Behind C09 is C041

Offline HDeFer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 29 July 18 17:08 BST (UK) »
Thank you so very much!

Heather