Author Topic: birth enrty for amy earle  (Read 1577 times)

Offline jolby

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
birth enrty for amy earle
« on: Thursday 24 May 18 13:25 BST (UK) »
hello,
 im trying to locate the birth entry for Amy Alexandra Earle, in Cardiff please. I have been informed she was a twin but I do not no anymore than that.

I have on the death index her date of birth is 6/1/1908 and on the 1939 register it is 6/1/1909. I cant find for either of these years.
in 1911 I have her living with her dad William and brother Francis at 19 South Sutton Place, Cardiff.
I found the birth register for Francis and that states mum pople. I have a marriage for William Earle to Amy Pople in 1899 and Amy's (mum) death in 1910 Cardiff
I have also found other children from the gro index's they are Florence may 1901, bertha Louise 1903, who were boarding elsewhere in 1911.  William john 1905, died 1906, William john born and died 1909.  George 1910 living with grandparents in banwell Somerset in 1911

She married Arthur Edward Reynolds in 1936.
I do not have the marriage certificate but on the 1939 register where she is living with Arthur her dad William A Earle is also living with them his date of birth from that  is 23.06.1872 and my mums cousin remembers him living with them

I am unable to locate a birth entry for her so wondered if anyone has any suggestions please ....
thank you for reading

Offline avm228

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: birth enrty for amy earle
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 24 May 18 14:09 BST (UK) »
Have you looked into the death of Lily Gladys Earle aged 0, Dec qtr 1908 Cardiff, in case she is Amy’s twin?

I can’t easily see a birth registration for either of them, I must say.
Ayr: Barnes, Wylie
Caithness: MacGregor
Essex: Eldred (Pebmarsh)
Gloucs: Timbrell (Winchcomb)
Hants: Stares (Wickham)
Lincs: Maw, Jackson (Epworth, Belton)
London: Pierce
Suffolk: Markham (Framlingham)
Surrey: Gosling (Richmond)
Wilts: Matthews, Tarrant (Calne, Preshute)
Worcs: Milward (Redditch)
Yorks: Beaumont, Crook, Moore, Styring (Huddersfield); Middleton (Church Fenton); Exley, Gelder (High Hoyland); Barnes, Birchinall (Sheffield); Kenyon, Wood (Cumberworth/Denby Dale)

Offline jolby

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 24 May 18 14:20 BST (UK) »
thank you,
no I haven't I hadn't actually seen that death! umm that's interesting thank you. bit bizarre i cant find any birth and you say not for this one either

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 24 May 18 16:12 BST (UK) »
No I can't find a birth either  :-\

Hinchliffe - Huddersfield Wiltshire
Burroughs - Arlingham Glos
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 24 May 18 16:18 BST (UK) »
William john 1905, died 1906, William john born and died 1909.  George 1910

That's a lot of births close together if twins were squeezed in between as well  :o 

Does it match the 1911 total of children born/died if you include twins?
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 24 May 18 16:27 BST (UK) »
Don’t think it all adds up. 1911 says 8 children (in 11 years), 5 have died, 3 still living, yet 2 are with dad on the 1911, 1 is boarding elsewhere and 1 is with grandparents. 🤔 

Edited: many apologies, 5 still living, 3 have died, i had it the wrong way around 🙄
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline jolby

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 24 May 18 17:16 BST (UK) »
thank you

1911 says 8 born 5 still living 3 died

Amy and Francis with dad, George with grandparents, bertha and Florence boarding elsewhere,
William john and William john have died before 1911.

that's 7 so definitely a child unaccounted for who had died. i think i best order the cert for lily. no clue though why they would not have been registered i thought it was the law then ?

jo

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 24 May 18 19:13 BST (UK) »
So the numbers do add up then.

Yes I think sending for Lily is a sensible idea.  Maybe the birth registrations slipped through the net or mum genuinely forgot to register them with such a lot on her plate.
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 25 May 18 17:55 BST (UK) »
I don’t know if this will confirm the birth of Lily Grace Earle as a twin of Amy’s but she was buried on 30 Nov 1908, aged 11 months, which would fit with Amy’s birthdate of 6 Jan 1908. At Cathays cemetery in Cardiff, section T, grave 841. Sadly buried with 5 apparently unrelated others, including 4 babies.

Mum Amy is buried - 29 June 1920, aged 33 - at the same cemetery, section A, grave 1292, with 2 others (unrelated by surname).

Dad William Alexander Earle, 31 Jan 1950, aged 77, same cemetery, section EP, grave 2116, with an apparently unrelated child.

The cemetery is huge, one of the largest in the UK. Section maps are available should you wish to visit, but given that they are buried in separate graves, i think it unlikely that there would be any headstones.

Deirdre
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....