Author Topic: birth enrty for amy earle  (Read 1578 times)

Offline jolby

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: birth enrty for amy earle
« Reply #9 on: Friday 25 May 18 20:12 BST (UK) »
Deirdre
thank you very much for that information, I have been to cathays before and yes its huge but like you I doubt there is a headstone.
If lily was 11 months then that does fit in with her being the twin.

I have been looking for the burial record can I ask where you found it please?

jo

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 25 May 18 20:15 BST (UK) »
I emailed the burial records office at Thornhill (they are very helpful). 😀
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline iolaus

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 25 May 18 20:57 BST (UK) »
So for Earle MMN Pople prior to 1911

1901 Florence May
1903 Bertha Louise
1905 William John
1906 Francis George
1909 William John
1910 George Edward

If 1911 census says 8 children born (5 living) then we are missing 2 - which could be the twins

Offline jolby

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 26 May 18 10:52 BST (UK) »
thank you Deirdre for emailing them

yes the twins birth reg missing but I thought birth registrations were a legal requirement then,

don't you just love this hobby!

thank you

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 26 May 18 11:13 BST (UK) »
It is unusual at that time for births not to have been registered, and they appear to have registered the others. Wonder if mum could have gone away to give birth, or was ill herself afterwards and with twins, one of whom may have been ill, and other young children, could have slipped her mind. Maybe her husband was away. Or maybe they are registered but with a badly transcribed name we haven’t found....... 🤔
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 26 May 18 11:38 BST (UK) »
I've got one myself with no birth registration but that was earlier in 1864.  It does happen frustrating as it is for anyone trying to find them. 
Hinchliffe - Huddersfield Wiltshire
Burroughs - Arlingham Glos
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 26 May 18 11:51 BST (UK) »
Became compulsory in 1874, within 6 weeks of birth, and a fine imposed for non-compliance.

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 26 May 18 11:53 BST (UK) »
Oh dear double fine for twins then!
Hinchliffe - Huddersfield Wiltshire
Burroughs - Arlingham Glos
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 26 May 18 12:30 BST (UK) »
Just spotted in the original post that Amy married Arthur Reynolds in 1936. In case they are related, nephew maybe, a Graham William Peter Reynolds, died aged 4 years. He was buried on 13 Oct 1937 in the same grave as Amy’s dad William.

Edited to add..... just checked for Graham’s birth. Looks like the burial is wrong as it says aged 4 years, but his birth was registered in Cardiff in Sept quarter 1937, mother Earle, and the death eas registered in Dec quarter 1937, so guess the burial should say 4 weeks or months, not years. I’ll email them to let them know. So i guess he was Amy and Arthur’s first child.