Author Topic: 1911 Census  (Read 592 times)

Offline cbocca

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
1911 Census
« on: Thursday 24 May 18 19:21 BST (UK) »
Hello,
I found an index at the Cumberland, British Columbia museum that showed my grandmother and uncle as being in the 1911 census.  However, when I went online at the Library and Archives Canada website and wrote their names as I saw in the index, nothing came up.  I'm wondering if anyone can help me find the actual page of the census.  Their names as shown in the index was written as Matioda, Charles, 12-Feb and Matioda, Pau?rino, age 23.  It said that it was on page 12 numbers 44 and 45.  Their actual names were Charles Mattioda and Palmerina Mattioda.  My grandfather, Giovanni Battista Mattioda (he used Batt), was a miner but wasn't listed in the census index.
I appreciate any help 
Thanks,
Charlene
Mattioda
Bono
Giacoma
Maniscalco
Bica

Offline eileenwilson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: 1911 Census
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 24 May 18 19:38 BST (UK) »
http://www.automatedgenealogy.com/census11/View.jsp?id=16901&highlight=45&desc=1911+Census+of+Canada+page+containing+Charles+Matioda

Click on the "split view" at the top to see the original image at the same time as looking at the transcription.

Offline cbocca

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1911 Census
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 24 May 18 22:40 BST (UK) »
Eileen,
Thank you so much.  This is exactly what I was looking for but couldn't find.  I appreciate your help.
Charlene
Mattioda
Bono
Giacoma
Maniscalco
Bica