Author Topic: messed up  (Read 1091 times)

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • a digital one for now real one espere
    • View Profile
messed up
« on: Friday 25 May 18 08:41 BST (UK) »
I knew I was too tired, to do any research last night..

Should have left well alone, but got to sort before I go away next week.

So totally messed up, by adding the wrong wife Sarah to the wrong William Holt -- cos there are fathers and sons and wives and daughters all with those names.. and its crazy crazy crazy ..

Usually I sit -- calm and collected  --- but for some reason, I let my befuddled mind take over..

So Now.. have to either download the Ged and then go back and edit or just delete ... not sure what  or where the errors begin and end now.. for goodness sake..

::) ??? ??? ??? ??? :P :P :P

xin

Offline BillyF

• RootsChat Veteran
  • My lovely Mum about 1940
    • View Profile
Re: messed up
« Reply #1 on: Friday 25 May 18 11:37 BST (UK) »
Been there, done that !!!

I`ve come to the conclusion that I shouldn`t do research when I`m tired, but sometimes I just have to take a look at things !!

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 25 May 18 11:42 BST (UK) »
I think I have it sorted now...

I had the son married to his mother as well as his wife and the father was also married to the mother.

Now they got one each. :)

hopefully the correct one.

xin

Offline BillyF

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 25 May 18 11:47 BST (UK) »
That`s good !

I annoyed myself using ScotlandsPeople when I was tired and made some mistakes, costly as you pay as you go !

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 25 May 18 11:58 BST (UK) »
Yes I did that in my early days .. Since then I have Shares in Scotlands people  -- my paternal side is Scottish ..
However the records they supply are fantastic, with the additon of parents names etc.

But I am past my 'allotment' for SP at the moment - so sticking to the Leicester Crew for a while.
 ;)

xin

Offline macwil

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 25 May 18 12:18 BST (UK) »
Yep! Beeen there, Done that, Got the T-shirt!  ;D
In my early days I had a maternal G'g'dad married to his brother's wife and his uncle as his father.
Yesterday I discovered I had mixed records for a paternal g'ma's g'dad. 3 census yrs '51-71 were for the wrong family the later ones were for the right family, father Richard early ones had father John who showed in my tree, now I have cut adrift about two dozen people that I have to check to see if they are related to anyone else in the tree or if the whole lot are interlopers.  ::) :'( and need to be killed off.  :o ;D
The interloper? is one of seven John Berrys I have in my tree spread on both branches.

Oh and just to make it even more interesting my Ancestry sub. ends tomorrow!! ::) ::)
Active links are now (after 13/04/2018) indicated by bold red italics. Just click on them.
The only stupid question is the one not asked

WILSON; Lancs, Lanrks.
BERRY; Lancs.
BORASTON; Salop, Worcs,
TYLER; Salop, Herefords.

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 25 May 18 13:38 BST (UK) »
ha ha ha

Think someone will be re-newing.. their sub

;D ;D ;D ;D

xin

Offline macwil

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 25 May 18 14:26 BST (UK) »
ha ha ha

Think someone will be re-newing.. their sub

;D ;D ;D ;D

xin

Probably not! I don't have my trees on-line and the way the Ancestry site has been performing lately is one of the reasons I cancelled the sub before the price more than doubled.  :( I had an offer I couldn't refuse. ;D which was ending.

I'll sort through the data I've already got and then decide.

I'll probably go to FindMyPast as they have more records for the maternal maternal quarter of the family, which is the less explored side of the family and my current research area. Although they are few as no Herefordshire nor Worcestershire records are on-line as far as I know. So I'll be haunting ROs in Hereford, Worcester and possibly Shrewsbury. :D
Active links are now (after 13/04/2018) indicated by bold red italics. Just click on them.
The only stupid question is the one not asked

WILSON; Lancs, Lanrks.
BERRY; Lancs.
BORASTON; Salop, Worcs,
TYLER; Salop, Herefords.

Offline BillyF

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 25 May 18 14:48 BST (UK) »
Here in Wales we have free access to FindMyPast and Ancestry at the library, so that compensates mis-spending on SP.

I`ve had 2 nice holidays in Scotland and spent some time at Hawick Heritage Hub, £15 per day and you can look at many records on SP as you like. It was certainly a good thing sorting out my Alexander Blacks, of which there were many.