Author Topic: Render Smith and Mark Hearne circa 1900  (Read 7749 times)

Offline richarde1979

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Render Smith and Mark Hearne circa 1900
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 02 August 18 10:24 BST (UK) »
Hi Sue, I have now managed to scan the photos from this album and have added them to my forthcoming book on the Hearn family history, which will be published in October. Here are the pages with the scanned photos from that book. Best regards, Richard
Bellenger, Sebire, Soubien, Mallandain, Molle, Baudoin - Normandy/London
Deverdun, Bachelier, Hannoteau, Martin, Ledoux, Dumoutier, Lespine, Montenont, Picard, Desmarets - Paris & Picardy/Amsterdam/London
Mourgue, Chambon, Chabot - Languedoc/London

Holohan, Donnelly, McGowan/McGoan - Leitrim, Ireland/Dundee, Scotland/London.

Gordon, Troup, Grant, Watt, McInnes - Aberdeenshire, Scotland/London

Offline sueswright

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 03 August 18 22:01 BST (UK) »
Hi Richard........ thank you so much for the pics......... how wonderful to now see what my great great grandparents looked like. I can definitely see a resemblance to my father....... those high cheekbones of Mark Hearne's are hard to miss!!! Which of the ladies is Cinnamenty? I look forward to your book when it's released. Thanks again........ Sue

Offline richarde1979

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 03 August 18 22:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Sue, they are great pictures arn't they. Mark was obviously very happy and at ease with the photographer. I han't been able to find out who she was, but she was obviously well to do and lived in a large home with her husband a scientist. Cinnamenty is the lady smoking the clay pipe. Best regards, Richard
Deverdun, Bachelier, Hannoteau, Martin, Ledoux, Dumoutier, Lespine, Montenont, Picard, Desmarets - Paris & Picardy/Amsterdam/London

Offline richarde1979

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 03 August 18 22:35 BST (UK) »

Offline sueswright

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 03 August 18 22:37 BST (UK) »
Hi again Richard........I've been studying those pics again and was wondering if in the family group the younger woman (with child) could be Phoebe Pullen (nee Hearne) and could the young man sitting down next to the lady with pipe be her husband William Isaac Pullen? Do you know who the older an standing at the back could be? If that is indeed William Isaac Pullen then he is my great grandfather. I know William & Phoebe were living with John Mark & Cinnementy in the 1901 census. Sorry to be a nuisance with all my questions. Regards, Sue

Offline richarde1979

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Saturday 04 August 18 08:48 BST (UK) »
Good morning Sue. I am pretty convinced the young women with the child is Phoebe Pullen with her baby son Mark, and the others I think are her uncle, Cinnementy's brother, Samuel Smith, and her two brothers Peter and Charles Hearn. I am basing that on the 1901 census which must have been taken about seven to eight months later:

John Hearne    Head    M    49    Watford, Hertfordshire
Sinamenty Hearne    Wife    F    47    Watford, Hertfordshire
Mershach Hearne    Son    M    16    Fulham, London
Peter Hearne    Son    M    24    Fulham, London
Charles Hearne    Son    M    13    Fulham, London
Phoebe Pullin    Daughter    F    21    Watford, Hertfordshire
Samuel Smith    Brother-In-Law    M    52    Chiswick, Middlesex
John Le Aby    Nephew    M    21    Fulham, London
Mark Pullin    Grand Son    M    1    Uxbridge, Middlesex

Of course it is possible the man I have guessed as being Peter Hearn, 24, might be Phoebe's husband instead. It is a shame there are no other photos to compare with.

Best regards

Richard

Offline panished

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Monday 27 August 18 09:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Richard

I have been looking for records of the Ayres for you, liked we talked about, also I found lots of references to the Hearn’s, I will put them on later but only the dates for I came across many, then if a name and date seems like one that you do not have, you then may look that record up, or other people who read may also think that the name that I put on here is worth looking up, so then everyone may benefit Richard, keep up the goodwork and i hope your Family are well.

Offline sueswright

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Sunday 16 December 18 04:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi Richard......... I have been reading, with interest, about the Hearne/Smith families. I have John Mark Hearne 7 Cinnemente Smith's marriage cert. that gives her father as Rito Smith. There has been mention about the Pullen's also being travellers or gypsies. I have traced my great grandfather William Isaac Pullen's ancestor back to 1765 and can find no evidence of them being travellers to gypsies. Pullen is quite a popular name in the Surrey area so I can imagine there must be some out there that were travellers as well. Thank you for the work you have done and I look forward to learning more. Regards, Sue.

Offline Amber Redman

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Saturday 07 September 19 22:43 BST (UK) »
HELLO
I have just discovered that I may have Roma or Traveller connections as my family the Lavenders and Wilkinsons  married into the Hearne family the Lavenders all seemed to marry their cousins which is common in those families....finding it all exciting as I am into tarot and astrokogy two Romany interests.....will be interested to hear anything about the families mentioned  Patricia redman