Author Topic: Access?  (Read 7055 times)

Offline daverichardson

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Access?
« on: Friday 25 May 18 13:12 BST (UK) »
Hi all I have registered ok and when I try and get access by typing in John Edward Richardson I get no records found
In fact that comes up no matter who I type in
Could it be my laptop.
I am using Google Chrome and Windows 10
Thanks

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Access?
« Reply #1 on: Friday 25 May 18 13:14 BST (UK) »
Welcome to RootsChat, I think you have misunderstood what RootsChat is, there are no records to be found here, there are however lots of people who will help you find records elsewhere or explain how to find them.

Offline daverichardson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 25 May 18 13:43 BST (UK) »
Thank You
I (wrongly it seems) assumed you could type in a name and date of birth and records would be displayed.
I am just setting off on my family tree and leaped to the wrong conclusion. Any help would be appreciated to point me in the right direction........................
Thanks again
Dave

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 25 May 18 13:47 BST (UK) »
Thank You
I (wrongly it seems) assumed you could type in a name and date of birth and records would be displayed.
I am just setting off on my family tree and leaped to the wrong conclusion. Any help would be appreciated to point me in the right direction........................
Thanks again
Dave

The right direction is to post whatever information you have  IN FULL on the person you are looking for
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 25 May 18 13:50 BST (UK) »
If you give something in the way of dates and location for the man you mention, then possibly someone very kindly will make use of their time, and subscriptions to paid sites such as "Find my past" or "Ancestry" to set you on your way! You could, however, without cost to yourself use Free B M D to access approximate dates of birth, marriages and deaths, and search on from there via local parish registers that may be available online.
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline daverichardson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 25 May 18 13:53 BST (UK) »
Thanks all
Yes I did fill in all the required fields with exact dates and a range of dates to no avail.
I will try B M D
thank you again

Offline stanmapstone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 25 May 18 13:54 BST (UK) »
You could, however, without cost to yourself use Free B M D to access approximate dates of birth, marriages and deaths,

FreeBMD https://www.freebmd.org.uk/

Stan
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 25 May 18 14:06 BST (UK) »
Thanks all
Yes I did fill in all the required fields with exact dates and a range of dates to no avail.
I will try B M D
thank you again

You have to make a posting here with details!!
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 25 May 18 14:07 BST (UK) »
What I meant was, if in a post on here you supply the dates and locations involved, someone may feel able to make a start on using their own resources to assist you! - As Hallmark suggests!
A "search" on here, which wouldn't incorporate full details,  would only throw up any previous entries mentioning the person, if others had already posted about them.
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)