Author Topic: Graphics in Excel 2007  (Read 1122 times)

Offline BillyF

• RootsChat Veteran
  • My lovely Mum about 1940
    • View Profile
Graphics in Excel 2007
« on: Friday 25 May 18 19:17 BST (UK) »
I have started a chart in Excel ( feeling quite pleased with myself )  using Hierarchy in SmartArt.

The problem I have is that some of the shapes are not the same size; is there a way to format all the shapes at the same time ?

Offline Mike Morrell (NL)

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: Graphics in Excel 2007
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 26 May 18 01:03 BST (UK) »
Yes. If you click on just one box, you see white dots surrounding the box (= "box selected) and also a larger pattern of white dots surrounding the whole graph (= graph selected). If you click anywhere on the graph (but not on a box) you see the "graph selected" dots too.

If you drag one of the white dots around one box, you only change the size of that one box. If you drag one of the white dots around the graph, you the change the size of all boxes in the graph together.

The best way forward now is probably to right-click somewhere in the white area of the graph (not on a box) and choose "reset graph" from the drop-down menu. This resets the size of all boxes to their original size (all the same size). You can then drag one of the dots one the outside of the graph to make all boxes bigger, smaller, wider, longer, etc.
Photo restorers may re-use and improve on my posted versions. Acknowledgement appreciated.

Offline BillyF

• RootsChat Veteran
  • My lovely Mum about 1940
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 26 May 18 11:10 BST (UK) »
Thank you.

I`ll do that, but I may make another small chart just to practice !! My confidence is not enough to do it on the real thing !!

Offline Mike Morrell (NL)

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 26 May 18 19:10 BST (UK) »
Good plan, Billy, that's how I'd do it too. It's always better to learn more (by playing around with a dummy/test file) before changing the real thing.
Mike

https://www.naval-history.net/WW1NavyBritishShips-Dittmar5Support.htmui

Thank you.

I`ll do that, but I may make another small chart just to practice !! My confidence is not enough to do it on the real thing !!
Photo restorers may re-use and improve on my posted versions. Acknowledgement appreciated.