Author Topic: Joseph and Sarah Stubbs of Market Drayton  (Read 674 times)

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Joseph and Sarah Stubbs of Market Drayton
« on: Saturday 26 May 18 10:12 BST (UK) »
Hello,

My ancestor Sarah Stubbs was christened in Market Drayton on the 3rd of January 1802 to Joseph and Sarah Stubbs. There is a 1792 marriage in nearby Moreton Say of Joseph Stubbs to Sarah Smith but I don't know if this is them or not. This Joseph Stubbs was christened there in 1763.

Can anyone help me?
Lipman family of Aldgate - ends with Lewis Lipman (d. 1871, Bethnal Green), son of John Lipman 'late of Glasgow' (1856)
McGregor family of Fodderty - ends with Alexander McGregor (b. 1765, Fodderty), son of Murdoch McGregor and Kate Stewart

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Joseph and Sarah Stubbs of Market Drayton
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 26 May 18 13:27 BST (UK) »
Hi
I don't know the area but all their children seem to be baptised at Drayton Hales.
On the registers the couple come from Wood Eves ,except on Sarah's where they are from Tyrley Heath and their first child is baptised 1794.
So I'd say yes that marriage at Moreton Say  in 1792 fits perfectly.

As for the baptism ,there are only two in Shropshire -one at Tong and yours at Moreton Say so yes again I think that is right.

Ciderdrinker

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Joseph and Sarah Stubbs of Market Drayton
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 26 May 18 13:59 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the confirmation!
Lipman family of Aldgate - ends with Lewis Lipman (d. 1871, Bethnal Green), son of John Lipman 'late of Glasgow' (1856)
McGregor family of Fodderty - ends with Alexander McGregor (b. 1765, Fodderty), son of Murdoch McGregor and Kate Stewart