Author Topic: 1939 register  (Read 2107 times)

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1939 register
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 26 May 18 18:06 BST (UK) »
There is a 1950 marriage for a William A J West?
But to an Irene?
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 26 May 18 18:09 BST (UK) »
Hi and thanks, yes. I have tried loads of name variations, but to no avail , but I appreciate anyone else trying.
Hettie Lisburne b 01/08/1891
William Arthur John West b 25/02/1914
Both should be living in Plymouth, Devon

Can’t find either sorry, have tried all sorts of variations, inc just date of birth, just Lisburne, just Hetty (more difficult with William AJ). As Dawn says, can you find them on the 1911 and see if they are at the same address (you may find them and realise the transcription is a mess). I have a Catherine as Bathermine, Ceinwen as Beinwen, Dewi Street as Devon Street, and several examples where the rows were put together wrongly, names and dates, giving me a wife as a steel worker (heavy goods), the husband as a milk delivery boy......
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline NooshieW

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Today is the day of my life
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 26 May 18 20:25 BST (UK) »
Thanks everyone for trying, they aren’t on there I am sure as I have tried so many different permutations, in answer to the first question, yes my parents were Bill and Irene, I am looking for my dad and his mother on the 1939 register.
My grandparents should be living together but aren’t, all a mystery really. Thanks again anyway.
Devon,Cornwall and Somerset
West,Horne,Andrews,Melluish and Denniford

Offline isobelw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Gran & Granpa Clotworthy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 26 May 18 20:33 BST (UK) »
I wonder if this is relevant? From the Aberdeen Press and Journal 9/3/1937. Perhaps they were both in Scotland in 1939.
Isobel
Clotworthy, McMahon, Saunderson, Culley (Ireland & Scotland)
Weatherall, Greer (Ireland & Scotland)
Hamilton, Johnston, Dawson, Rennie, Wright (Clackmannanshire)

Offline NooshieW

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 26 May 18 22:15 BST (UK) »
Hi,
This is very interesting. Lisburne is a very unusual surname and my dad lodged in Peterhead.
To my knowledge he never used the surname Lisburne and was always known as West, however he was very musical, playing multi instruments. Wish there was more!! Thanks a lot for looking.

Offline Daisypetal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 28 July 18 19:22 BST (UK) »
Hi,

They were in Scotland in 1935,

"Aberdeen City and Former Counties of Aberdeenshire, Scotland, Electoral Registers, 1832-1976"
Burgh of Peterhead
22 St. Andrew Street
Mr Arthur LISBURNE
Mrs Hetty LISBURNE
William Arthur John LISBURNE

William is using the name LISBURNE  :)

There is a 1939 National Identity Register for Scotland, you can ask for a search but it seems a bit expensive.

http://www.rootschat.com/links/01l0r/

Regards,
Daisy
All Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline NooshieW

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 29 July 18 01:21 BST (UK) »
How fantastic, thank you so much . My Dad died when I was only two and my mother when I was 16,so I have scant information on my Dad as he was an only child and his parents and step father died relatively young too. I have been trying to fill in gaps in my father’s upbringing for years to no avail and waiting for the next census seems so long, so this is very helpful. Is there any way of finding out if they were there longer? My Dad was certainly back in Plymouth during the war as he was sent to Malta . Thanks again.