Author Topic: Too many unread posts!  (Read 2334 times)

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Too many unread posts!
« Reply #9 on: Monday 28 May 18 14:47 BST (UK) »
I only use the Unread posts (the brown circle) on each board where I have a chance of helping and every so often Mark all messages as read.

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 28 May 18 14:56 BST (UK) »
Like Prawn Cocktail I 'Ignore posts' rather than mark as read.  That way they don't come up again when someone replies to them. 
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 29 May 18 12:49 BST (UK) »
Like Prawn Cocktail I 'Ignore posts' rather than mark as read.  That way they don't come up again when someone replies to them.
That's what I do first. That often reduces remaining ones to 1 page.  Then I look at any with which I might be able to help or may be of interest to me.
I didn't visit RC for several days last week. It disappeared from my "frequently used sites" as a consequence. Sunday morning, over a mug of tea, I clicked on an email notification of a reply to a topic. Then I looked at " Unread Topics" and found 5 pages. Ticked " Ignore topics" on first 2 pages. Returned to site on Sunday afternoon but this time by googling RootsChat. Surprised to find only 1 short page of unread topics when, by my simple arithmetic,  there should have been 3 pages. Puzzled, I again accessed RC through my email notification as I'd done that morning and discovered 3 full pages of unread topics, the missing 2 and a bit pages having re-appeared.  ???
I'm here just now via email link and there were 3 pages of unread topics which I have quickly reduced to 2.
Cowban

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 29 May 18 14:07 BST (UK) »
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea