Author Topic: Unknown Dalton in Missouri  (Read 586 times)

Offline pumpguy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Unknown Dalton in Missouri
« on: Monday 28 May 18 23:17 BST (UK) »
Searching for information about Unnamed Dalton son, born on September 29, 1885, to father, James Marion Dalton, was 26 and his mother, Susanna A Garrison in Missouri. Did he survive, get married, have children?

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Unknown Dalton
« Reply #1 on: Monday 28 May 18 23:22 BST (UK) »
Where did you get these details from? 
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline avm228

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 28 May 18 23:29 BST (UK) »
The 1900 census (Russell Township, Camden, Missouri) shows their son born December 1885 as William Dalton, farm laborer.
Ayr: Barnes, Wylie
Caithness: MacGregor
Essex: Eldred (Pebmarsh)
Gloucs: Timbrell (Winchcomb)
Hants: Stares (Wickham)
Lincs: Maw, Jackson (Epworth, Belton)
London: Pierce
Suffolk: Markham (Framlingham)
Surrey: Gosling (Richmond)
Wilts: Matthews, Tarrant (Calne, Preshute)
Worcs: Milward (Redditch)
Yorks: Beaumont, Crook, Moore, Styring (Huddersfield); Middleton (Church Fenton); Exley, Gelder (High Hoyland); Barnes, Birchinall (Sheffield); Kenyon, Wood (Cumberworth/Denby Dale)

Offline pumpguy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 29 May 18 01:11 BST (UK) »
I found on an ancestry file, that son was william N dalton. Seems they had another son born on the day I posted. The same family. I am searching for one William Robert Dalton born on that date, and in that township of Russell,Mo.

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Unknown Dalton in Missouri
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 29 May 18 12:07 BST (UK) »
For everyone else's reference, here is the previous thread about William Dalton - http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=793772.0

In the future, please keep information about the same immediate family in one thread, so people don't look for what has already been found.

Offline pumpguy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 29 May 18 13:58 BST (UK) »
I found the info on an ancestry tree. I have tried to contact the owner, but have not heard back yet.
https://www.ancestry.com/family-tree/person/tree/150883483/person/272002125145/facts

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 04 June 18 12:12 BST (UK) »
There seem to be two entries on the birth certificate database for this birthdate.  They are transcriptions, so whether there are actually two separate birth certificates (either for twins or the same person) or the same one got transcribed twice, I don't know.

The first one is here - https://s1.sos.mo.gov/records/archives/archivesdb/BirthDeath/Detail.aspx?id=11521&type=Birth  It does not list anything under the heading of No. of Child for this Mother, and it says the place of birth was not given.

The second one is here - https://s1.sos.mo.gov/records/archives/archivesdb/BirthDeath/Detail.aspx?id=19971&type=Birth  It says this was the 2nd child for this mother, and the place of birth was Bible Grove.

The dates for the returns are October 15 and October 25, so maybe the same baby was accidentally registered twice?

Offline pumpguy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 04 June 18 14:30 BST (UK) »
Thks for still searching. Hard to understand this family. All our info says our Wm R Dalton was born in Macks Creek. Even on his military reg. However I can't find anything there. Don't know where Scotland Co is. He was also in prison, I believe from 1920 to 1923. He was arrested in Rogers, Ar., but haven't found anything there.

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 04 June 18 15:08 BST (UK) »
It looks like Macks Creek is what would be about a 4 hr. drive today from Scotland County, so not terribly close.

The family tree mentioned in the previous thread had William's mother Susan living in Scotland Co. in her earlier years and that James & Susan married in Scotland Co.  http://www.brendasbranches.com/getperson.php?personID=i1332&tree=tree1  I don't know if that marriage information fits with what you have.