Author Topic: Marriage lookup Adamson Gibson, Newcastle  (Read 1664 times)

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage lookup Adamson Gibson, Newcastle
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 30 May 18 19:15 BST (UK) »
Sadly, I think Boo and Jen may be right. 

There are quite a few Churches around this particular area and not every Church has records deposited at the archives.  So it could be quite time consuming and fruitless to search a great number of Churches but then to find that they married at one that the archives don't have a register for or to find that they were married at a registry office.  :-\
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline CCJOHN

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 30 May 18 19:54 BST (UK) »
One again thank you for your time and help. I think I will order a copy of the certificate, it is going the be the best way.

Thanks to all who tried to help with this request.

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 31 May 18 15:52 BST (UK) »
Yes buying the Cert is the only way to be sure. Please let us know the outcome of it :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 31 May 18 16:54 BST (UK) »
I am disappointed not to have been able to help at the archives I visit. :-\  I think St Gabriel would possibly be the most likely Church (but possibility of quite a few others) but Tyne and Wear Archives don't have it.  Woodhorn does hold the registers for this Church but this is out my usual travelling area.

Please don't let this put you off asking for help when you need it CCJOHN.  We are a friendly lot on here and tend to do our best to help each other when we can. :)
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner