Author Topic: Ryan-Woodford Marriage NSW 1926  (Read 1729 times)

Offline margill68

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ryan-Woodford Marriage NSW 1926
« on: Wednesday 30 May 18 03:37 BST (UK) »
From Ancestry Sydney Australia Anglican Parish Registers 1814-2011
James Ryan and Florence Julia Woodford 12 Jan 1926.  From attachment that marriage didn't take place.
NSW Marriage 246/1926 James Ryan-Florence J Woodford reg'd Sydney
Did they marry later in 1926 or is the registry a copy of the parish record?

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: Ryan-Woodford Marriage NSW 1926
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 30 May 18 03:52 BST (UK) »
If you drill down on the NSW BDM's online index, the date for the event on ref 246 of 1926 (Ryan=Woodford marriage) is 12 January 1926.

I suggest you send them a general enquiry asking them to confirm that the registration is for a marriage that 'did take place' as you have sighted an image of the parish register (I suggest you transcribe the relevant entry, and nominate the actual register in full, including the line number in the register) that records that it did not take place.

http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/Pages/contact-us/contact-us.aspx#email 

Family History enquiries

Ask our staff if you are having difficulties with your Registry family history searches (current response time is within 10 working days):
bdm-familyhistory@justice.nsw.gov.au

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 30 May 18 04:03 BST (UK) »
attaching a snip

In the email, (to nsw bdm) I suggest you include the info on the following snip of the left hand margin, including the line no. in the parish register .....   (Edited at 1350 hours NSW time 30 May 2018.. I have removed several words, as there's possible confusion with info already presented)

ADD, line no. in parish register can be helpful at NSW BDM, but it depends on IF the staff member handling the enquiry knows how to trace back through the 1920s NSW BDM paperwork trail.  Please let me know if the email reply from NSWbdm doesn't provide adequate answer.  Some of my living ancestors are retired NSW BDM officers.   8) And I also have retired CofE clergy...

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline margill68

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 30 May 18 04:07 BST (UK) »
Thank You I will get in touch with the registry

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 30 May 18 04:18 BST (UK) »
To give you (and any others who may read this at some future moment) confidence in my comments, if you look at the full page image, there's a marriage for a lass, surnamed FRENCH, noted as 10805 under Column 1.   In the margin is 78/26.  That's the parish clerk's shorthand confirming that NSW BDM Reg General has that particular registration, and if you now check the online index, that French marriage is reference 78/1926.  Similar patterns through that parish register, and most other parish registers too.   :)

:)

JM

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 30 May 18 04:20 BST (UK) »
You will also find the entry immediately AFTER the Ryan=Woodford one, (so next page) is 10806 under Column 1.   Remembering that 10806 is struck through on the Ryan=Woodford entry.

JM

Offline margill68

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 25 June 18 01:43 BST (UK) »
I have not received a reply from NSW registry yet re this marriage but have found from the 1930 electoral roll
RYAN Florence Julia cnr Herring and Abukla Roads Home Duties
RYAN James cnr Herring and Abukla Roads Labourer
Could they be the same James and Florence of the Church Marriage 12 Jan 1926?

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 25 June 18 01:58 BST (UK) »
I have not received a reply from NSW registry yet re this marriage but have found from the 1930 electoral roll
RYAN Florence Julia cnr Herring and Abukla Roads Home Duties
RYAN James cnr Herring and Abukla Roads Labourer
Could they be the same James and Florence of the Church Marriage 12 Jan 1926?

I think the suburb needs to be noted.  It is EASTWOOD.  The NSW Electorate is RYDE.  NSW Electoral Rolls do NOT include marital status. 

Re NSW BDM not yet getting back to you (10 business days from end of May)  that's terrible.  Perhaps you could send a gentle reminder to them  :)

JM

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 25 June 18 02:04 BST (UK) »
May I ask about the 1988* NSW death registration ... what info is given there re the marriage of Florence Julia RYAN ... the online index has her parents as Leonard and Jessie.  #12963

Add, *10 May 1988.

JM