Author Topic: Finnertys or Shaws from Ballina, Co. Mayo.  (Read 4055 times)

Offline paddyjoe68

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Finnertys or Shaws from Ballina, Co. Mayo.
« on: Monday 08 August 05 11:57 BST (UK) »
Hi
I've been doing research into my family for the past 3 years now and have basically gone back as far as I can.  Now I'm looking to possibly hook up with relatives around the world.  The main names I'm looking for are Finnerty, Shaw, Gallagher, Fleming, Lacken and Robinson.  All these families originate from the parishes of Kilmoremoy or Ballynahaglish, townlands would be Ballina and Rehins (Rahans).  If you think you might have ancestors with these names get in touch I'd be more than willing to share what information I have, thanks.
Paddyjoe

Offline Tracey Ganly

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Finnertys or Shaws from Ballina, Co. Mayo.
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 13 October 05 23:45 BST (UK) »
Hello,
I have some Flemings in my family. My great grandfather married a Nora Fleming and I know that she had a brother Timothy. I do not know where they came from only that my great grandfathers name was John O'Flaherty and they settled in Ballyhaunis,County Mayo. Nora died in1927. I do not know how old she was but her husband I think was born around 1860. If you find any marraige records of these two,it would be great. As you know they get married in the womans parish church and if you do not know where she came from, this is very difficult to find!
Thanks Tracey. ;)

Offline paddyjoe68

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 21 October 05 05:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Tracey,
Thanks for your reply.  I've checked my records but unfortuneately there is no Nora or Timothy Fleming in my tree.  My Flemings were from the Ballina, Ardnaree area of Mayo which is in the north of the county.  Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
Patrick.

Offline Elysian

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 23 October 05 22:54 BST (UK) »
Hi PaddyJoe,
I saw your offer of help and wondered whether you might have any info re: Michael Myles?? (who is the youngest son of James Myles and Bridget Finnerty as below) I believe that this particular Michael Myles and my G/Grandfather could "POSSIBLY" be one and the same, .....   but I'm not able to make a definite link.
Any help or info would be appreciated.
Many thanks,
Elysian.

Name: Bridget Finnerty
Sex: F
Birth: in Ireland
_FA1: witness wedding Pat Fleming and Mary Moyles 1
_FA2: Ardnaree in Ballina 1
Reference Number: 57724

Marriage 1 James Myles b: in Ireland
Married: 23 JUN 1856 in Ballina County Mayo Ireland 1
Children